Posted On: 2018-02-08
Closing On: 2018-02-23
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Project Sunshine Canada is a charitable organization that provides free creative, educational and social programs as well as special events to children and families facing medical challenges. Additionally, wellness support is provide free of charge to parents and caregivers.
Purpose of the Job
The Coordinator, Development & Community Partnerships is responsible for generating revenue and increasing public awareness through events, partnerships, and other opportunities as related to the mission and mandate of Project Sunshine Canada. A vitally important member of a small team of dedicated staff, the successful candidate will be a leader in managing relationships with in-house volunteers and committees as well as external relationship with corporate, retail and individual partners.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary equivalent education;
- Post-graduate certificate in fundraising and development, event management or related field would be an asset;
- Three years + experience in one or more of the fields of fundraising, event management, public relations or marketing, or related fields;
- A broad understanding of fundraising practices, events planning, volunteer management, social media, and marketing;
- Membership in AFP a definite assest.
- Excellent relationship management and customer service skills;
- Superior verbal and written skills;
- Project management skills, ability to develop work plans, adhere to deadlines while multi-tasking;
- Sound judgement and ability to take direction, accept criticism, communicate concerns and a willingness to step-up as part of a team;
- Superior computer skills in all typically used word processing and spreadsheet programs; experience with fundraising database or CRM programs such as Raisers Edge, Artez, Giftworks Cloud, Salesforce would be an definite asset;
- An interest in health, wellness, athletics, healthcare, mental health, etc. also an asset;
- Neat and professional presentation; highly developed EQ and ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals, corporate representatives, and interests;
- Team-building and leadership abilities; a penchant for having fun required.
- Support the Executive Director and Committee organizing Project Sunshine Canada’s signature fundraising gala event held in September 2018; managing long-term sponsors/donor relations as well establishing new sources of sponsorship and other revenue; taking the lead in logistics, marketing and communication related to the event;
- Lead in the recruitment of Team Project Sunshine participants primarily for the B&O Yorkville 5k Run held in September; building team spirit connecting participants to each other and to the mission and mandate of Project Sunshine Canada; encouraging fundraising as well as training;
- Lead in the development of retail partnership fundraising and awareness campaign, Sunshine Summer; build on the success of June Sunshine Month of the past three years, but rebrand and expand to a full summer campaign; recruit partners, develop the necessary campaign materials; manage social media; track and collect revenues;
- Support the leadership of Project Sunshine Canada’s Young Patrons Circle and their signature annual fundraising event, Shine On! held annually in October; providing online, financial, organizational resources as needed;
- Collaborate with the Program Coordinator to seek Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities that provide meaningful volunteer experiences for corporate partners while also generating revenue; manage the key relationship with American Express and the American Express Foundation;
- Support the Executive Director in all other areas of fundraising, donor stewardship, recognition and having fun as needed.
- Executive Director as Supervisor;
- Program Coordinator as fellow colleague, primarily for CSR related activities;
- Gala Co-Chairs and Committee members for signature event;
- Young Patrons Circle leadership and Shine On! Co-chairs;
- Board of Directors.
Work is anchored in a fun and collegial office environment, but the Coordinator, Development & Community Partnerships will be required to organize and attend external meetings and recruitment opportunities. Travel within the city will be required, however, all transportation costs will be covered. A tablet/laptop as well as a cell phone will be provided. Physical activity such as walking, possibly running, travel, minor lifting and sitting will be required as part of the scope of the activities above.
Project Sunshine Canada welcomes applications from all interested and qualified individuals including those with disability, Indigenous heritage, members of visible minorities and new immigrants/refugees.
Please forward letter of application including a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 23. While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.