Easter Seals is a trusted industry leader and Canada’s largest local provider of programs, services, issues-leadership and development for the disability community. For more than 90 years, we have worked to enhance the quality of life, self-esteem and self-determination of Canadians living with disabilities. Serving a broad range of individuals with varying physical, cognitive, sensory and learning disabilities, Easter Seals helps to ensure that all Canadians living with disabilities have access to the equipment, technology, programs, services and support they need to make the most of their abilities and participate fully in society.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of National Development, this position will be responsible for initiating and setting goals for national partnerships according to the strategic objectives of the organization.
The successful candidate must have a broad knowledge of program/event management principles. They must have a strategic mindset as well as be able to lead and work collaboratively with others. The goal is to ensure every program will be delivered successfully and add the highest possible value to the organization.
The Senior Manager, National Corporate Partnerships will work closely with the President and CEO, the Vice President, National Development, a national development committee, and key development staff in all provinces to manage the following responsibilities:
National Corporate Partners
- Initiate and set financial goals according to the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Oversee the planning and execution of existing national initiatives including C21 Kids to Camp, Tech4 Kids, and 21st Century Leadership Program.
- Manage and execute existing national events and fundraising campaigns including Drop Zone, Paper Egg Campaign and Easter Seals Month.
- Plan new initiatives/events from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes.
- Supervise national programs and events working collaboratively with all Easter Seals provincial offices to provide feedback and resolve complex problems.
- Prepare written communications and create national toolkits for provincial offices ensuring program operations and activities adhere to guidelines and internal policies and procedures.
- Create customized proposals, presentations and stewardships reports.
- Responsible for social media platforms and content management of various organization web and mircro-sites.
- Manage and exceed program and event budget goals and targets.
- Ability to work with third party groups, suppliers and outside stakeholders in an efficient and effective manner.
- Keep senior management informed with detailed and accurate reports or presentations.
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements.
- Identify and establish strategic partnerships to elevate the Easter Seals brand and increase funding potential.
- Leverage current funding partnerships.
- Working closely with the President and CEO, and the Vice President National Development, to research, cultivate and solicit national funders including corporate, foundations and individuals to support national programs and events.
- Is familiar with federated national organizations or has worked in an organization that has multiple chapters/locations.
- Proven experience in a managerial position.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods.
- Has managed and overseen the successful execution of national events.
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics.
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting.
- A track record developing innovative national corporate partnerships that have increased revenue and participation.
- A broad understanding of fundraising tools such as major gifts, direct mail, and e-giving.
- Can demonstrate previous experience working with program staff to build fundable programs that fit with the mission of the organization while attracting large corporate partners.
- A business acumen with a strategic ability.
- Solid understanding of corporate philanthropy, sponsorship, cause marketing, employee participation, supplier development, and events.
- The ability to create well matched opportunities between Easter Seals’ case for support and the interests of potential corporate partners.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to write compelling and inspiring proposals.
- Excellent problem solver and an outside the box thinker.
- A strategic thinker possessing the ability to effectively manage the details.
- Builds effective relationships with a large and diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively and be sensitive to provincial needs and differences.
- Able to broker competing interests to create win-win solutions and results.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to establish priorities, balance multiple tasks, and meet deadlines under pressure.
- University degree or College Diploma in related field.
- 5-7 years related experience in charitable sector and familiarity with corporate partnerships.
- Sensitive to the needs of people living with disabilities.
- Self-motivated, committed, confident, and assertive.
- Deals with challenges and setbacks in a forward thinking and solutions oriented manner.
- Resilient, positive, collaborative.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Access)
- Graphic design, video production and web development experience strong asset. (Adobe Photoshop, Apple iMovie, WordPress)
- Required to work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format directly to email@example.com no later than 5pm Friday, March 16, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to a disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.