Manager, Donor Programs
Regular Full-Time; 35 Hours per Week
ART + ACCESS + LEARNING
At the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO), we bring people together with art to see, experience and understand the world in new ways.
The AGO is currently searching for a passionate and experienced fundraising professional to join the Development team as the Manager, Donor Programs. Under the direction of the Associate Director, Philanthropy your key priorities would include managing Curators’ Circle, the AGO’s signature patron membership program, and AGO Next, the AGO’s young patrons program. This critical role in the Development division entails developing and implementing strategies for member renewal, retention and conversion to higher levels of giving and developing and implementing acknowledgement and recognition programs. You would also be responsible for planning and executing prospect identification, solicitation, securing pledges and renewals as well as developing and delivering the content and programing for related stewardship events.
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications we’d love to hear from you!
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in fundraising, including 2 years’ experience in a supervisory fundraising role
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage a diverse portfolio of fundraising initiatives including directly related experience
- Demonstrated experience providing leadership to senior volunteer committees
- Experience working with volunteer Board members
- Demonstrated ability to build a culture of philanthropy within an organization
- Demonstrated experience in program development and management, including content development, work-back schedules, briefing documents, team management
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically
- Well-developed budget management skills
- In-depth knowledge of fundraising techniques for high-end donor cultivation and acquisition
- Well-developed public relations, interpersonal, persuasion, and communication skills
- Well-developed administration, planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the Toronto donor and art communities
We invite individuals who reflect the diversity of our visitors to apply by visiting our website at https://ago.ca/jobs-and-volunteering .
The AGO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act & the AGO’s Recruitment & Selection Policy for Staff, a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2018