Job Title: Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Reports to: Director, Corporate Partnerships Ontario
Department: Development, Ontario
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Permanent; Full-time
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The Ontario Corporate Partnerships Team focuses on developing partnerships with companies with head offices in Ontario to maximize revenue opportunities for the Foundation. The role of the Manager, Corporate Partnerships is to source, qualify, cultivate and close new fundraising opportunities while activating and stewarding existing partners to renewal as a means to grow the business. In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for developing and executing partnerships with corporations and brands that will support the Foundation’s fundraising, research and health promotion initiatives, focusing primarily on provincial and national sponsorships, employee giving campaigns and cause-marketing programs at the $75,000+ prospect level. The incumbent will have demonstrated results in managing clients and/or experience in sponsorship and fundraising. Knowledge of the sponsorship and corporate giving landscape is a requirement.
- Achieve new revenue, upgraded giving, renewed donations and advance the business objectives for the corporate partnerships team.
- Create and manage new business development, new acquisitions, growth and retention strategies for approximately 75 corporate partners and prospects to generate revenue based on identified key Foundation products and priorities through corporate sponsorships, cause related marketing efforts, employee engagement opportunities and corporate philanthropy.
- Actively solicit and secure corporate support including cash and contracted sponsorships for events and programs nationally and in Ontario including the Women’s Heart Health initiative, Ride for Heart, Big Bike, AED/CPR programs, cause related marketing programs, mission-based and professional education events.
- Secure, lead and conduct presentations and lead prospect meetings with assigned corporate accounts.
- Lead special initiatives on behalf of the team to develop new funding opportunities for the organization.
- Actively collaborate and support Heart & Stroke business units including Provincial and National CEO, Provincial and National VP Development, members of the Senior Leadership team, Ontario Board members, Development Team Central, Mission, Marketing, Communications and Community Fundraising to strategize, develop proposals and presentations to secure new partners.
- Work with the Director, Corporate Partnerships to develop fundraising strategies for Ontario corporate partners.
- Develop and manage implementation plans to achieve annual revenue goals within the portfolio.
- Create account management plans for each prospect and partner to ensure coordinated efforts regarding corporate accounts across the team.
- Lead the development and implementation of best in class activations with and stewardship of partners by working collaboratively with Heart & Stroke business units including Development Team Central, Mission, Marketing, Communications and Community Fundraising.
- Develop and ensure the fulfillment requirements of all corporate supporter agreements are met according to contracts and stewardship plans.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for growth and expansion within existing relationships and take part in cross team initiatives.
- Lead communications with corporate partners internally and externally to ensure the successful delivery of agreements and timely management of issues.
- Provide expertise and guidance to colleagues in other provinces regarding opportunities that may be cross provincial with key accounts on best practices of cultivation, solicitation, activation and stewardship.
- Track all prospecting and account management activities with partners in Salesforce database and other reporting as required.
- Gather competitive information and identify potential opportunities and challenges in the corporate marketplace.
- Ensure adherence to the Corporate Partnerships policies and guidelines.
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate program administration including contract development, invoicing and tax receipting.
Post-secondary education (business administration, not for profit fundraising and/or marketing).
Experience and Skills
- Fundraising experience with proven results.
- Background in corporate sponsorship and fund development.
- Ability to leverage contacts in the corporate market place and leverage network to develop connections.
- Basic understanding of the Foundation’s fundraising and health promotion brands and products.
- Able to draw from a repertoire of knowledge, skills and resources to anticipate potential issues and proactively resolves through exceptional problem solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of business management practices; sales and marketing best practices; fundraising practices.
- Demonstrated donor focus through the ability to anticipate partners’ needs and proactively search for solutions to ensure expectations are met or exceeded.
- Operational Effectiveness - follows proper procedures and protocols and strives to increase efficiency.
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.