Posted On: 2018-02-09
Closing On: 2018-02-23
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
February 9, 2018
Community Food Centres Canada (Toronto)
Do you believe that access to good food is a basic right, and that food can be a powerful tool for connecting people and building better health, belonging, and equity? Do you want to become an important member of a fundraising team that is seeking to engage new donors in a growing national mandate? Community Food Centres Canada is looking for a creative, energetic, and hard-working professional with fundraising experience to join our team and help us drive growth, engagement and social change across Canada.
Who we are
Community Food Centres Canada (CFCC) is a national non-profit that builds and supports vibrant, food-focused organizations in low-income communities that bring people together to grow, cook, share, and advocate for good food for all. We believe food is a powerful community-building tool that can bring people together around shared goals, build skills and physical and mental health, and create the opportunity for greater equity and social change.
Community Food Centres Canada hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodations.
Who are you
Reporting to the Associate Director of Development, the successful candidate will support the implementation and success of CFCC’s annual fundraising plan by focusing efforts on the identification, cultivation, acquisition, stewardship and renewal of donors for financial support using traditional prospect research and moves management practices.
We are seeking a candidate who is hardworking, diplomatic, organized, analytical and strategic, and has a solid background in cultivating and stewarding successful relationships with individuals, foundations and corporate supporters. In addition, the Development Manager has a good working knowledge of other aspects of fund development, including direct marketing, corporate sponsorship, and database management. Lastly and importantly, we are interested in meeting candidates who are passionate about the need to change the status quo as it relates to food insecurity and poor health for low-income Canadians.
- Responsible for leading and executing the prospecting, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors giving between $5,000 and $19,999 (our major gift pipeline). This will include specific responsibilities such as:
- Conducting research to best position CFCC and our programs to donors and prospects
- Persuasively communicating our mission and programs to potential funders - including letters, proposals, budgets, presentations and reports
- Creating customized stewardship reporting approaches as needed
- Ensure prompt acknowledgement and receipting of all donations
- Working in partnership with the Events Manager, you will identify, cultivate and secure corporate sponsorship partners, including developing a recognition/benefits model for our sponsors
- Support the Development team in creating and executing donor cultivation events to engage potential donors, either individually or as a group
- Take a leadership role in developing mandates and procedures for our affinity groups and other donor circles including Young Professionals and Good Food Builders
- Maximize the utility and usage of Salesforce, in collaboration with Operations and development team
- Generate monthly financial reports and analysis for the Development team and quarterly fundraising reports for the Board of Directors.
- Develop protocol and supports that ensures Salesforce is used to track all donor development activity
- Provide support as needed in training the Development team on changing business practices, updates, etc
- Engage and support volunteers who are assisting in the identification and cultivation of new prospects for CFCC
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years experience in fundraising with a demonstrated track record in soliciting and securing donations at $5,000 or higher
- Strong computer proficiency and extensive knowledge of fundraising databases particularly Salesforce
- Solid understanding of the key principles and practices of a donor development program
- Experience in securing new corporate donors and sponsorship relationships for a non-profit
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated capacity in writing and creating compelling stewardship reports
- Evidence of ability to manage complex relationships
- Ability to work independently, communicate at all levels with confidence and exercise sound judgment, tact and confidentiality in relation to donors, volunteers, staff and the general public.
- Relevant post-secondary degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Empathetic to the cause: strongly committed to the idea that access to good food is a basic right and an agent for social change, particularly in low-income communities
Position details: Full-time; 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000
Please submit a covering letter and resume in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Manager” in the subject line. Posting closes February 23, 2018 at 5 p.m.
Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in CFCC.