Posted On: 2018-02-13
Closing On: 2018-03-11
Location: 1000 Murray Ross Parkway, Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Living City Foundation is the fundraising and charitable arm of Toronto and Region Conservation (TRCA). The Foundation exists to connect, engage and inspire people and organizations to support TRCA’s vision of The Living City.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Reporting to the Executive Director of The Living City Foundation, the Senior Development Officer is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major donors to support The Living City Foundation’s current and future fundraising initiatives. As lead fundraiser, the Senior Development Officer performs a vital role in the development and execution of fundraising strategies and comprehensive plans for major campaigns. The Senior Development Officer receives guidance and leadership from the Executive Director, and regularly collaborates with the Board, staff and volunteers to achieve annual and multi-year fundraising goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of focus
- Five (5) years of professional fundraising experience in a charitable organization
- Demonstrated experience and success as a major gifts fundraiser
- Accreditation as a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) an asset
- Professionalism and adherence to ethical standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills (including MS Office)
- Ability to work in Raiser’s Edge database
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
- Leads the development of fundraising strategies and comprehensive plans, with guidance from the Executive Director, and oversight from the Board of Directors.
- Carries out research and planning activities to identify and cultivate prospective donors. Participates in the coordination and execution of cultivation and fundraising events.
- Leads the creation of donor communications, including letters of inquiry, proposals, gift agreements, acknowledgements, and other donor correspondence.
- Meets with prospective donors to cultivate relationships and secure charitable contributions. May prepare speaking points and briefing materials for donor meetings and presentations being led by senior leadership.
- Manages the donor stewardship function, establishing opportunities for regular interaction and touch points that share with donors the impacts of their contributions.
- Works with Marketing and Communications staff to develop marketing collateral for The Living City Foundation’s fundraising initiatives.
- Ensures that all gifts are received in accordance with The Living City Foundation’s policies and procedures.
- Documents fundraising activities, communications, donor correspondence and other pertinent information in Raiser’s Edge database to maintain accurate and complete records.
- Participates in the recruitment and/or management of staff and volunteers.
- Maintains informed knowledge of news and innovation in philanthropy and fund development.
- Upholds accountability standards and code of ethical principles for fundraising professionals.
- Participates in professional organizations, associations, committees, and/or boards. Travels locally and out-of-town as needed for professional meetings and events.
Carries out other duties, as assigned.
Salary Range: $87,871 to $98,562, 35 hours per week
Location: Black Creek Pioneer Village - 1000 Murray Ross Parkway, Toronto, Ontario
Closing Date: Sunday, March 11, 2018
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME BY APPLYING ONLINE: http://www.trca.on.ca/careers/
Please attach one pdf document that includes both your cover letter and resume.
At TRCA, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability - related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.