STOP. LOOK. LISTEN. LUCKY YOU.
If 95% of what we learn comes from our eyes and ears,
imagine what it must be like to be deafblind.
Now hiring a permanent full-time Development Coordinator!
Founded in 1989, DeafBlind Ontario Services is a not-for-profit organization that helps individuals who are deafblind increase their independence and improve their quality of life through specialized services. With residential locations and community services programs across the province, their services extend into a wide range of communities in Ontario.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift donors (individuals, foundations, corporations, service clubs and planned gifts) and annual giving (individuals, employee and monthly giving). They are also responsible for the development, organization, implementation and evaluation of regional fundraising and third party events.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards major gifts from foundations, corporations/ corporate foundations, individuals (including planned gifts) and service clubs. Writes and submits related proposals.
- Delivers presentations to service clubs and corporations and submits proposals for support and partnership.
- Coordinates the recognition and stewardship of all donors.
- Coordinates and implements all regional fundraising events, including third party events, with the support of volunteer committees, including corporate sponsorship and all event logistics.
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships in the community through networking.
- Coordinates social gaming including reports, license applications, and report submissions; ensures the organization adheres to the license requirements of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
- Explores opportunities for new sources of revenue.
- Develops and monitors budgets for all fundraising events in conjunction with the Director of Development & Communications. Responsible for sound financial management including the monitoring of expenditures to ensure they conform to budget.
- Maintains the donor database, including giving history and donor preferences. Enters donations, produces tax receipts and individualized acknowledgement letters for gifts received, in a timely and accurate fashion. Notes all touch points with donors in donor database and tracks donor cycle moves.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Development & Communications.
- Post-secondary education in related field (fundraising, marketing, public relations).
- CFRE designation or working towards designation is an asset.
- Minimum of three to five years fundraising experience with a proven track record in raising funds through major gifts, annual giving and special events.
- Successful track record of establishing and maintaining effective and professional relationships with donors at all levels.
- Superior communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks within established deadlines, to take initiative and to work effectively within a team.
- Working knowledge of Income Manager or other fundraising software.
- Proven ability to develop and manage budgets for events and projects.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and knowledge of community resources.
- Excellent computer skills and attention to detail.
Join Our Team:
DeafBlind Ontario Services is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities. To receive this job posting in an alternative format or if you require accommodation measures for the selection process, please notify the Human Resources Generalist – Central Region.
Please apply online at www.deafblindontario.com