Welcome to Armagh
Unlike a first stage or crisis shelter, which responds to short-term emergencies, Armagh is a supportive Transitional housing program. We offer secure and affordable housing to abused women, with or without children. We are excited to announce we have recently been approved to expand our house to support more women fleeing abuse in our community. We have an opportunity for a dynamic development professional with a proven track record in donor engagement and stewardship to engage our community in supporting our efforts as we grow.
Exciting times ahead…..Come Join Us!
We are seeking an enthusiastic fundraiser that is results oriented, has demonstrated know-how and is looking for an opportunity where you will be a valued and integral part of a growing organization that strives for excellence in all we do for women and their children. Our new team member will be self-directed and able to build and foster the creativity and ideas that come from working with dedicated and committed colleagues and volunteers. You enjoy digging in and working hard when you can readily see the positive impact of your efforts.
Under the direction of the Executive Director and working in collaboration with other committees, the Development Officer is responsible for Armagh’s operational fundraising programs. Activities include: special events, partnership cultivation and solicitation, prospect and donor development, stewardship, organizational support, recognition, budgeting, reporting and communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and relevant committee volunteers, develop, implement and evaluate an annual fundraising plan focussed on activities and opportunities that generate operational revenue
- Provide timely, accurate reporting on activity outcomes to the Executive Director and relevant committees with a particular focus on variances that can significantly affect approved budgets
Stakeholder Relationships and Corporate and Community Partner Development:
- Develop and maintain prospect lists
- Create solicitation strategies and materials as appropriate for stakeholders and partnerships; ensure timely implementation of solicitation program
- Coordinate the activities of volunteers to ensure that all development efforts are implemented in order to meet/exceed approved financial goals and maintain compliance with applicable policies and regulatory guidance (e.g. Armagh bingos)
- Schedule and attend all relevant committee meetings; prepare and maintain record keeping related to committee meetings
- Ensure appropriate volunteer, donor and sponsor recognition and stewardship including accurate and timely receipting, acknowledgement and appreciation, newsletter articles, special mailings, telephone and in-person contact
- Using Armagh’s database, ensure timely and accurate record keeping. Produce reports and queries as needed. Verify reports with other internal financial reports
- Develop clear, achievable and well-articulated plans for all organizational-led special event fundraising initiatives, including a written plan and associated budget
- Create and manage critical path for each event, manage to deadlines and budgets; provide regular updates to the Executive Director and relevant committees
- Provide oversight and leadership to the successful implementation of Armagh-led events including logistics, liaising with suppliers, stakeholders, donors, volunteers, participants, media and special guests, and is on-site leader for events, providing leadership to event volunteers
- Develop and manage event communication and marketing plans
- Source and secure donations, additional sponsorships and other contributions that impact the financial success of the event (e.g. holiday sponsorship, back to school campaigns)
- Review all fundraising events annually, creating a written report and make recommendations to adjust future activities as needed
- Secure, support and appropriately acknowledge organizations and individuals hosting third party fundraising events supporting Armagh’s operating budget goals
- Manage and evaluate annual corporate sponsor activities. Develop effective tracking tools for year over year analysis and program review
- Contribute content to publications such as newsletters, the annual report, website, etc.
- In consultation with Executive director, set social media goals and strategies for areas of direct responsibility. Plan and implement electronic/social media in support of Armagh activities. Actively implement social media schedule, monitor impact and report progress to the Executive Director
- Responsible for the development, coordination, and writing of all funding proposals, grants, and reports, seeking input from Executive Director as required, and completion in accordance with deadlines
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in communications, public relations, fundraising or related discipline is desirable
- Minimum of 4 years progressive experience in major fundraising special events and sponsorships with a strong command of best practices
- Project management, budgeting and program analysis experience
- Experience identifying, securing and stewarding major partners and sponsors
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills; demonstrated ability to establish productive working relationships with volunteers, vendors and staff
- Exceptional attention to detail, and ability to work efficiently and strategically under pressure
- Advanced donor database and computer skills (ie Donor Perfect, Constant Contact, Microsoft Office)
- Remains apprised of emerging charitable sector trends and legislation and ensures organizational compliance
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and be self-motivated in a complex and, at times, demanding work environment
- Dynamic communicator with the ability to create compelling communication materials as a vehicle for revenue generation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and advanced social media expertise
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required
- Access to a reliable vehicle and current unrestricted driver’s license
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a resume and cover letter detailing how your skills and abilities would be a great fit for our house. Please submit your application, including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Armagh is located in Peel Region, south Mississauga.
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. ET on March 16, 2018
Armagh is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.