Posted On: 2018-02-22
Closing On: 2018-03-15
Employment Type: Full-Time
Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit www.evergreen.ca
This senior fundraising manager understands how to engage corporations in partnerships that realize gains in the triple bottom line: revenue, environmental sustainability, and social impact. This leader is responsible for providing direction on the development of corporate partnerships and for establishing strategies to successfully sustain the long-term engagement of funders and sponsors. Working with the Chief Development Officer and the Director of Development this Senior Manager develops and advances innovative fundraising activities including strategy development, target setting, and performance measurement. This Development team member also manages a portfolio of leadership corporate funders.
1. Partnership Team Strategy and Management
- Develop and execute a robust annual corporate partnership program as well as strategies and tactics to ensure sustainable, long-term engagement of partners.
- Establish appropriate fundraising targets for partnership team and works with the Director of Development to collaboratively establish goals and metrics for the entire department.
- Analyze trends in corporate and partnership fundraising, identifying opportunities and challenges, and developing strategies to ensure that Evergreen’s plans reflect the direction and demands of the marketplace.
- Inform program development and design to ensure that our offerings are in line with the marketplace.
- Lead the development of compelling partnership packages in collaboration with Evergreen’s Programming, Communications and Marketing teams.
- Oversee the recruiting, training, coaching, motivation, and retention of the Partnerships team staff, ensuring they have a clear, common vision, and that they are well supported in their goals.
- Support the team in reaching their fundraising targets and delivering a best-in-class stewardship and engagement experience for partners.
- Ensure effective management and maximization of resources.
2. Account Management
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of leadership corporate partners.
- Lead and support the acquisition of new revenue and grow existing revenue from a combination of Canadian and international businesses by deploying innovative strategies and tactics.
- Work with prospective and current funders to design and renew custom partnerships that are mutually beneficial.
- Lead business development efforts to ensure we have the right level of prospects to feed the corporate pipeline. Guide the prioritization of prospects to approach.
- Review proposals written by the partnership team and programming staff.
- Oversee the continuous improvement and maintenance of Evergreen’s recognition program for funders and provide direction on its implementation and consistency nationally.
- Ensure corporate partnerships are in line with Evergreen’s corporate screening guidelines.
- Represent Evergreen at events and meetings to strengthen relationships and create awareness of our programs and position in the marketplace.
3. Planning and Reporting
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership in assessing and developing the organization’s strategic and financial goals, and taking part in developing approved budgets.
- Contribute to the building of internal fundraising infrastructure including analytics, systems policies and processes.
- Establish fundraising policies (where appropriate) to support partnership fundraising.
- Ensure that all partnerships are clearly and adequately documented in Raisers Edge including reporting requirements, regular communication and proposal submissions.
- Ensure the accuracy of fundraising pipeline reporting.
- Provide input to reports for Senior Leadership and Board of Directors.
- Participate in annual work planning and performance evaluation process.
- Work with relevant staff on project evaluation and reporting.
- Leadership: Mobilize teams, lead by example, inspire others to achieve.
- Planning/Organization/Project Management: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals and focus on priorities, create/implement action plans/budgets, document, evaluate, and learn.
- People Management: Clarify performance expectations, provide professional/performance development support, recognize people’s strengths & accomplishments, provide guidance while allowing independence, provide constructive and timely feedback, informal and formal (e.g., annual performance appraisal), communicate relevant information (e.g., management decisions, etc.), open to feedback
- Customer-focus: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external customers/donors to meet or exceed their expectations and receive positive feedback from internal and external customers/donors.
- Communication: Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Supervised by: Director of Development
- Supervises: Senior Officer, Partnerships, Research Officer and potential future hires
- Post-secondary education or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in either not-for-profit fundraising or for profit sales environment
- Proven experience in leading and motivating a development or sales team
- Experience in other areas of fundraising an asset
- Knowledge of account management software
- It is expected that a minimum of 25% of this person’s time will be spent out of the office meeting with prospective funders
- Regular hours, Monday to Friday with occasional events
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Reference “Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships” in the subject line
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreens Accommodation policy. Applicants please make your needs known in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.