Posted On: 2018-02-23
No closing date
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you who we’re looking for?
Are you a creative problem-solver? Intuitive? Hard working? Tons of Energy and Enthusiasm? Incredibly organized? A ‘roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-it-done’ type of person?
Can you juggle multiple tasks but still find time to ‘think about the bigger picture and what your role does to support that picture’? Do you wake up in the morning wanting to make a difference? Are you passionate about health care philanthropy, events and people? If you said yes to these, North York General Foundation wants you.
About North York General Foundation
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, North York General is a care-hub for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, an innovation spring board in the health care landscape and destination for philanthropy.
At North York General Foundation, our team of creative and dedicated professionals supports raising and stewarding funds for our incredible hospital. Building on the unprecedented success to-date of our $150 M Campaign for North York General, we are driving towards the future, planning and investing in programs and infrastructure that will transform how our hospital delivers exceptional care to our growing community.
The Events Coordinator is responsible for the administration behind the Foundation’s three signature events, as well as for assisting with the planning, facilitating and execution of these events. Occasionally the Coordinator will also support the execution of high-level Third Party Events and cultivation/stewardship events. The Events Coordinator will report to the Manager of Community Engagement and Events and support the portfolio’s need to manage strategies focused on event logistics and guest experience, volunteer management, budget tracking, vendor coordination, sponsorship and stewardship. The use of Raiser’s Edge to support this program according to the standards and expectations of the Foundations moves management and prospect pipeline systems is an essential requirement and a high-level of competency is required.
- Responsible for assisting with the execution of North York General Foundation’s signature fundraising events including all aspects of event management - logistics (venue, audiovisual, food and beverage vendor management, furniture rentals, décor, room layout and set-up) planning, permit and raffle license rules and application process, critical path management, sponsorship and financial tracking, volunteer orientation and management, committee support, sponsor recognition, and data tracking
- Coordinator and administrative support of event committees included but not limited to: bookings, minute taking, relevant follow up
- Assisting with day to day account management of sponsors
- Works closely with the fundraising team to contribute to generating sponsorship revenue, secures gift-in-kind contributions and stewards to final commitment
- Prepares and updates sponsorship material for solicitation, drafts customized sponsorship proposals supported by marketing team, prepares briefing notes for solicitation meetings, assists in developing the partner recognition agreements that accurately represent the scope of our partnerships, prepares event commitment form packages and thank you letters
- Assists in the delivery of all sponsor benefits and fulfills agreement promises including corporate brand and logo recognition as outlined in agreement (both print and digital) and recognition at event and in hospital
- Works closely with the Marketing and Communications team to ensure Foundation’s digital properties specific to event promotion and agreement fulfillment are executed. Includes online content and social media.
- Maintains Sponsorship Pipeline information in CRM database (Raiser’s Edge), actions next steps and generates and analyzes reports to evaluate the current signature fundraising events and evolve the program to optimal levels.
- Utilizes the Raiser’s Edge Event module for overall event tracking.
- Manages database administration which includes inputting information, extracting data via query or report, updating personal and team actions, generating mailing lists and actively contributing to the moves management culture
- Assists with the execution of post-event stewardship strategies and identifies opportunities to celebrate and acknowledge sponsors
- Offers support for other Foundation special events that may include non-revenue generating events and donor recognition events
- Maintain current knowledge of corporate sponsorship and special event giving trends through networking and research
Qualifications and Skills required:
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent combination of education and work experience in related area
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated success in special events, preferably within a not-for-profit organization
- Experience working in a volunteer environment
- Access to a vehicle preferred
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, through demonstrated project management and administrative skills
- Demonstrated success in event execution and budget tracking
- Creation of customized sponsorship proposals
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, with event module preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, within a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
To apply for this role please forward your CV and Cover Letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by Monday, March 12, 2018. Please reference Events Coordinator in the subject line.