The Senior Development Coordinator, Information Systems will join a growing and successful team in the midst of Camp Ooch’s largest growth strategy in its history, including the completion of a $37M capital campaign. Reporting directly to the Director, Community & Annual Giving, the Senior Development Coordinator, Information Systems plays an important role in data management, ensuring complex and meaningful information is available for decision making, performance measurement, and donor development. As a member of the Development, Marketing & Communications Department, the Senior Development Coordinator, Information Systems plays a key role in systems development, prospect management and data analysis in support of Camp Ooch’s ambitious fundraising goals.
The Senior Development Coordinator, Information Systems is responsible for these key accountabilities:
- Systematizing the operations of the development department, ensuring necessary departmental infrastructure to achieve Camp Ooch’s business plans for growth
- Supporting the data architecture, integrity, functionality and reporting from the database in support of revenue generation
- Participating in Camp Ooch’s implementation of new digital fundraising platforms, training development staff in its use and data integration into RE
About Camp Oochigeas
In 1983, an ambitious group of board members and volunteers banded together to create a summer camp unlike any other in Canada. Exclusively serving children with cancer, it would be privately funded, staffed entirely by volunteers, and completely free for the campers. A camp where every child, no matter how debilitating their illness, would be provided an opportunity to explore enriching, challenging, fun experiences through what is fondly referred to today as the “Magic of Ooch”.
Over thirty years later, Camp Ooch has experienced exceptionally strong strategic growth and is now offering increased programming in order to better serve our community. Building programs to meet the ever-changing landscape of paediatric healthcare, we have expanded to include programs year-round in Muskoka, at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto (SickKids), at Camp Ooch Downtown (a Toronto urban camp facility), and six other regional cancer centres in Ontario.
With more than 500 active volunteers each year and over 55 full-time staff, we now serve 1,500+ children and families annually, at our camp and through other year-round programs that support siblings, bereaved siblings, and parents. With no hospital or government funding, Camp Ooch relies on the generous support of over 15,000 donors each year and continues its long-standing history of providing outstanding support and excellent programming for children with cancer.
Reports to: Director, Community & Annual Giving
Start Date: March 5, 2018
End Date: March 1, 2019
The Senior Development Coordinator, Information Systems is accountable for the following key responsibilities:
Raiser’s Edge Database (55%):
- Maximizing the use, architecture and functionality of Raiser’s Edge, Camp Ooch’s main source of data and information on prospect activity and donor relations. Performing business requirements gathering and analysis to optimize data flow and business processes.
- Serve as Development team’s Raiser’s Edge expert to enhance Camp Ooch’s ability to meets its revenue, stewardship, tracking and analysis goals.
- In collaboration with the Manager, IT & Administration, actively participate with a leadership mindset in an internal RE user group to develop coding structure, policies, operations and procedures manuals, develop guidelines for data input, management, exporting & tracking.
- Working with the Supervisor, Donations & Database to create and continually evaluate clarity of coding in Raiser’s Edge to manage fundraising and stewardship efforts. Monitoring the integrity of the information contained in the database and determining how to translate data into usable, actionable information for the formation and execution of fundraising strategies, dashboards, queries, reports, imports, global updates and metrics.
- Developing reports and analytics to meet the needs of development teams, management, Board and other external parties, as required. Producing and delivering standard and ad-hoc database reports, queries and exports including donor reporting and comparisons, portfolio and projection reporting, appeal performance and other reports as required by management.
- In collaboration with Manager, IT & Administration, support the development of training materials and delivery of training for development staff, ensuring they adhere to, and understand database policies & procedures.
Online fundraising (15%):
- Participating in implementing for online fundraising platforms for community events, digital fundraising campaigns and Sporting Life 10k
- Ensuring accuracy in online fundraising platforms and donations integration into RE in collaboration with the Manager, IT & Administration
Planning & Analysis (10%):
- Participating in the planning and analysis of the annual revenue targets and long-term budget forecasting, supported by prospect and pipeline analysis
- Working with the CDO, produce quarterly progress reports and supporting materials and reports to aid in revenue analysis and board reporting
- Preparation of reporting and analytics for quarterly revenue analysis and planning sessions with Development Department
- Working with the CDO, establishing evaluation processes and reports for individuals, teams and the department as a whole on performance goals and metrics
Donor Relations & Prospect Research (20%):
- Under the direction of the Development Officer, Donor Alumni Relations, developing systems to track and report back to donors on their philanthropic investments
- Support the implementation and maintenance of the pledge reminder & payments process integration into Raiser’s Edge
- Maintenance of donations records and ensuring accuracy of the processing of all contributions, enhancing gift processes and practices to improve customer service quality
- Develop an electronic file management system, and oversee its implementation
- Working in collaboration with Finance, Development Officer, Donor & Alumni Relations and Marketing and Communication, oversee the data integrity of the annual report
Other duties as required.
The Senior Development Coordinator, Information Systems works closely with:
- Finance (General Accountant; Manager, IT & Administration, and Supervisor, Donations & Database)
- Development Department (Research & Major Gifts Administrator; Development Officer, Donor & Alumni Relations; Chief Development Officer, Director Annual & Community Giving, and Director, Campaigns & Leadership Philanthropy)
- Reports directly to the Director, Community & Annual Giving;
Experience and Qualifications
- A university degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- 2-3 years’ progressive experience in a fundraising environment, preferably in a major gifts and/or campaign environment
- Demonstrated level of understanding and achievement in all key aspects of fund development including: database management, annual giving, community events, peer-to-peer online giving, major giving, campaigns, corporate sponsorship programs, donor relations & communications, volunteer relations, measuring campaign performance, budgeting and financial resource management
- Advanced Excel and Raiser’s Edge experience and skills required; Crystal reports an asset
- Experience in developing and adhering to a budget and business plan
- Ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate and alter strategic business plans
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated, as well as proactive and persistent, understanding how to work collaboratively with individuals and teams in a complex environment
- Strong administrative and problem-solving skills with the ability to translate vision and strategy into tactics and actions
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, with ability to prepare and present brief but accurate and comprehensive reports to a variety of audiences
- Strong knowledge of sector trends to ensure compliance with best practices and
- Current police reference check with vulnerable sector screening
- More than 5 years of fundraising operations, preferably in health care
- Ongoing continued education and participation in research and fundraising associations (APRA, AFP, etc.)
- An understanding of the power of camp
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteerism or volunteer sector
- Current driver’s license (G)
- Highly analytical and detail oriented, comfortable spending large amounts of time with data work/sets
- Interested in pioneering a system that reflects the industry's best practices in data management
Principled person with substance and integrity, high level of emotional intelligence and maturity, analytical, intelligent, strategic and inquisitive, strategic mindset and approach, mission-driven, sense of fiscal responsibility and a demonstrated commitment to children with special needs and exceptionalities.
Exceptional ability to connect, analyze, interpret and evaluate information, sharing succinctly with others. Able to identify trends and make recommendations, service-oriented and ambitious for the success of the entire team
Particular Working Conditions:
- In consideration of the population Ooch serves, the Senior Development Coordinator, Information Systems is a non-smoker
- The position involves occasional evening and weekend commitments
- Open concept office
- The position requires some physical labour in supporting events and other duties as required
Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time; continuous computer activity; ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Camp Oochigeas invites applications from all qualified individuals. Camp Oochigeas is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Upon request, Camp Oochigeas will provide to applicants with disabilities, accommodations that take into account the applicants’ accessibility needs, in order to facilitate participation in the recruitment, assessment, selection and hiring stages.
Please send us a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations by March 15, 2018. Fax, mail, or email is acceptable and needs to be addressed to the attention of:
Senior Development Coordinator, Information Systems Committee
464 Bathurst St.
Fax: 416 961 2267
No phone calls please
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Camp Oochigeas, please visit www.ooch.org