Development Office and ShareLife
1155 Yonge Street
Toronto, Ontario M4T 1W
Manager, Planned Giving & Personal Gifts - Full time, permanent (35 hours per week)
The ShareLife and Development Office of the Archdiocese of Toronto is seeking a full time Manager, Planned Giving and Personal Gifts to be responsible for the promotion and advancement of planned giving and personal gifts across the Archdiocese of Toronto to benefit local parish needs and Archdiocesan related charities, such as ShareLife, The Shepherds' Trust, St. Michael’s Choir School and St. Augustine's Seminary. The Manager will also be responsible for the identification, cultivation, stewardship and recognition of legacy donors and for the administration of gifts of listed securities and other related personal gifts to Archdiocesan related entities.
The Manager, Planned Giving and Personal Gifts, is also responsible for the supervision of the Development Co-ordinator and Development Officer.
- Management, promotion and oversight of the archdiocesan planned giving program to parishes, parishioners and lay groups in the Archdiocese of Toronto.
- Working with parishes and clergy, research, identify and cultivate potential donors.
- Act as the primary archdiocesan contact for all planned giving enquiries.
- Develop and make presentations, in co-operation with archdiocesan related organizations, to clergy, parishes, lay groups, professional advisors and other groups on estate and gift planning.
- Maintain a stewardship and recognition program for legacy and major gift donors.
- Co-ordinate the publication and distribution of the 'Your Catholic Legacy' newsletter twice a year.
- Responsible for the creation of materials to promote legacy giving across the Archdiocese, including website and internet based opportunities.
- Promote contributions to the Legacy for Life Endowment Fund, and the creation of other endowment funds as necessary.
- Co-ordinate the communication regarding special collections to parishes.
- Oversee the development of in-memoriam and tribute giving programs.
- Develop policies related to charitable gift planning for the archdiocese.
- Manage the network of professional advisors (lawyers, accountants, financial advisors,) to parishioners.
- Oversee the ‘Donate Now’ on-line credit card giving portal.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree or equivalent.
- Five to seven years’ experience in the promotion and management of a planned giving program within the charitable sector, or related business experience.
- CFRE designation an asset.
- Knowledge of and adherence to finance and tax laws, legal requirements regarding wills and estates and gift planning practices.
- A solid understanding of planned giving vehicles, marketing and gift administration.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of the Catholic Church organization, practices and environment.
- A criminal background check will be required of the successful applicant.
Those wishing to be considered should submit their resume and cover letter in MS Word or PDF format noting position number 2018-02r to: Stephanie Nargoz, Director, Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for receipt of applications is March 16, 2018. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), the Archdiocese of Toronto provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If contacted for an interview, applicants should make any accommodation needs known at that time.