CARE Canada is a leading international humanitarian and development organization dedicated to saving lives, defeating poverty and achieving social justice. We are currently seeking a Director of Direct Fundraising to join our team in Ottawa.
As a senior member of the Partnerships for Global Change Team, the Director of Direct Fundraising will be responsible for the oversight and strategic direction of CARE Canada’s direct fundraising program as well the project management from concept design to deployment of it as its day to day fundraising and donor stewardship operations.
The Director of Direct Fundraising is responsible for a coordinated multichannel fundraising program including direct mail, telemarketing, street / door-to-door canvassing, and digital fundraising. The Director of Direct Fundraising provides a leadership role in donor acquisition as well as the retention and migration of donors through a solid donor journey, and oversees database analysis.
Our Partnerships for Global Change Unit is responsible for all direct mobilization of financial resources, as well future-oriented, partnerships, innovation and program design in support of CARE Canada’s mission and contributing to defining the strategic direction of the organization. This includes mobilization of traditional program funding through the Canadian government and multilaterals, private donor fundraising and private sector engagement, as well as the development of strategic partnerships aimed at transformational change.
This position reports directly to the VP of Partnerships for Global Change. It is based in Ottawa and will require up to 5% of travel. French language skills would be an asset.
What you offer:
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Fundraising or other related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in fundraising, marketing and communications, with strong understanding of direct marketing
- Deep knowledge of traditional and emerging direct response best practices and tactics
- Proven strategic experience in designing and executing a successful direct response program
- Knowledge of direct response best practices with hands-on experience in their application
- Experience maintaining effective vendor relationships
- Familiar with digital technologies, especially as they relate to fundraising and donor acquisition
- Proven ability to lead a team and successfully plan and execute fundraising initiatives to meet targets
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communicator
- Proven relationship cultivation experience and skills
- High level of professionalism and drive, with an infectious enthusiasm and passion for delivering results
- Computer literate with expertise with Office Suite and Adobe suite (especially InDesign)
- Senior level strategic decision making experience, including strong relationship management skills and preference to be part of a results driven team.
What would make you extraordinary:
- AFP Membership
- CFRE certification
- Experience working in a national charity at a management level
- Familiarity with international development and humanitarian sector and ability to communicate sector to a public audience
- Bilingual (English/French)
What we offer:
A competitive compensation package with a strong emphasis in enjoying a rewarding career, work-life balance and saving incentives, including:
- The opportunity to contribute to a great cause, by helping save millions of lives of people in emergency situations, as well as helping defeat poverty and fight social injustice globally
- Travel opportunities
- A competitive salary
- A generous leave entitlement
- Comprehensive Group Health Benefits and Insurance from start date
- Work-life balance: reduced work hours, flexibility and telecommuting policy
- Tax-saving benefits through a Group Retirement Saving Plan
- Group Retirement Pension Plan benefits
- Learning and professional development opportunities through hands-on experience, peer coaching, as well as specialized training with the CARE Academy
- Full-service Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and work-life/wellness resources
- Business casual four days per week, Jeans Fridays
- Onsite BBQ and shower facilities
How to Apply
If you are someone who thrives on challenge, loves to be part of a dynamic team and are passionate about making a difference, then this opportunity is for you. Please apply as soon as possible directly at https://goo.gl/y4WZi3 or at www.care.ca/careers. Please note that resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position will remain posted until a qualified candidate is selected.
CARE is a leading international humanitarian organization dedicated to saving lives, defeating poverty and achieving social justice. Founded in 1945, CARE began delivering CARE Packages to displaced people in Europe following the Second World War. Today CARE International is a global confederation of 14 member and 4 affiliate organisations working together to end poverty. CARE works in over 90 countries around the world, reaching more than 80 million people. CARE works with the poorest communities to improve basic health and education, enhance rural livelihoods and food security, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity, help vulnerable people adapt to climate change and provide lifesaving assistance during emergencies. CARE places special focus on working alongside women and girls living in poverty, because, equipped with the proper resources, women and girls have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty.
To learn more about CARE Canada, watch our videos, visit our social pages and visit our webpage: