Posted On: 2018-03-08
Closing On: 2018-03-23
Effective: End of April/Early May
Employment Type: Full-Time
- All freshwater ecosystems and the wildlife that depend on them in good condition.
- Healthy marine ecosystems on all three coasts.
- A vibrant and ecologically sound future for the Arctic.
- Resilient communities across the country that enhance nature.
Mid-Level Donor Engagement
- Work in close partnership with the Community Giving/Marketing (CGM) and Major Gifts teams to create and implement a mid-level donor strategy – including, but not exclusive, to developing and marketing the mid-level donor program and its giving societies to donors and potential donors.
- Manage a portfolio of mid-level donors through multiple fundraising channels - face-to-face, direct mail, email, social media, and other.
- Execute high touch donor interactions, correspondence, and stewardship specific to the mid-level donor audience with the goal to acquire, renew, reactivate, and upgrade donors at the $1,000+ giving level and to improve donor engagement over time.
- Work with CGM to develop a strategy which ensures the growth and maintenance of a healthy pipeline of donors in the gift range of $500 - $999.
- Ensure that all donors and donor interactions are tracked accurately in Raiser’s Edge and that individual gifts are acknowledged in a timely and appropriate manner.
Relationship Management (Friends of WWF-Canada)
- Develop in collaboration with the Director of Major Gifts a National Friends of WWF-Canada Program.
- Logistical support for the successful execution of Friends of WWF-Canada activities.
- Provide administrative support for the National Friends of WWF Program, including but not exclusive to, scheduling meetings, taking minutes for the Friends of WWF-Canada Committee, and responding to volunteer requests.
- Support the Director, Major Gifts in ensuring volunteers engaged in the Friends of WWF-Canada activities are provided with effective support materials and other tools to optimize their success including, proposals, briefing notes, call reports, letters, and other documents/materials.
- Track activity against targets ensuring financial goals are met or exceeded.
- Support the Director, Major Gifts in maintaining up-to-date and accurate call reports and donor information in Raiser’s Edge.
- Assist with other duties assigned by the Director, Major Gifts.
What We Are Looking For:
- A post-secondary degree plus a minimum of 3+ years of fundraising experience.
- Proven direct marketing, relationship management and project management skills with planning and follow-up experience.
- Experience working effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders. Enjoys engaging with senior volunteers.
- Proven ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines, while driving to surpass goals.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or related fundraising database system.
- Proven ability to secure, grow and sustain meaningful and lasting relationships.
- Professionalism, judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters is essential.
- A flexible team player able to collaborate and support colleagues.
- Willingness to learn and to take on additional responsibilities as appropriate.
- Passion for nature and understanding of environmental issues is a must.
- Ability to converse in French is an asset.
- Willingness and ability to travel when needed.
- Evening and weekend work as needed.
How to Apply
- Apart from its mission, what do you feel makes WWF-Canada an employer of choice?
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- What are your salary expectations & how flexible are they?
- When would you be available to start?
- Where did you see this posting?
- Although being fully bilingual in English and French is not a requirement for this role, it is considered a strong asset. Are you fully bilingual?