Posted On: 2018-03-08
Closing On: 2018-03-30
Employment Type: Contract
- All freshwater ecosystems and the wildlife that depend on them in good condition.
- Healthy marine ecosystems on all three coasts.
- A vibrant and ecologically sound future for the Arctic.
- Resilient communities across the country that enhance nature.
- Manage a portfolio of at least 150 prospects/donors capable of making gifts of $10,000 and above from a prospect base of individuals, corporations, foundations and institutional funders.
- Arrange and conduct face-to-face meetings with donors and prospects making full and effective use of the expertise and experience of our senior staff and Volunteers.
- Identify new prospects and develop successful cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase existing donor giving levels and commitments.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate call reports and donor information in our database.
- Provide on-going, effective donor engagement through personalized reporting, donor meetings and the creation of innovative stewardship strategies as required.
- Identify planned giving prospects and where ever possible work with eligible donors to secure planned gifts.
- Work with senior Volunteers as required to manage prospect identification, solicitations and stewardship activities.
- 5+ years Major Gift fundraising and/or business development experience, with a proven track record of closing major gifts and/or securing business at the $10,000+ level.
- University degree or diploma.
- CFRE preferred.
- Proven project management skills with planning and follow-up experience.
- Experience working effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of and/or education in environmental/sustainability issues is an asset.
- Ability to converse in French is an asset.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or related fundraising database system.
- Proven ability to secure, grow and sustain meaningful and lasting relationships.
- Articulate, confident and with an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- A hands-on team player who is able to work independently of stakeholders, interpreting complex programs and ideas to a varied audience.
- Ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines while driving to surpass goals.
- Strong focus on accountability.
How to Apply
- Apart from its mission, what do you feel makes WWF-Canada an employer of choice?
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- What are your salary expectations & how flexible are they?
- When would you be available to start?
- Where did you see this posting?
- Although being fully bilingual in English and French is not a requirement for this role, it is considered a strong asset. Are you fully bilingual?
- This is an 18 month contract position replacing a maternity leave. Please acknowledge your understanding of this.