The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation (THCF) is committed to serving youth from low-income families living in Tim Hortons’ communities across Canada and the United States. Through repeated camp visits and at-home application of newfound skills, our program builds strengths that help youth thrive at school, succeed in their future workplaces and become positive, contributing members of their communities.
We’re looking for a full-time, permanent…
Senior Manager, Major Gifts
This role is based out of the Foundation’s Home Office in St. George, Ontario, also home to one of our seven camps – Tim Horton Onondaga Farms (THOF). The site contains over 400 acres of picturesque farmland, surrounded by rolling hills and protected wetlands.
What would you be doing?
- Play a leadership role in designing and building a major gift program for the Tim Horton Children’s Foundation.
- Plan, budget, and lead revenue generation activities for the Major Gift program while meeting long-term fundraising objectives for individual donors.
- Develop meaningful authentic relationships with individual donors while planning and implementing individualized strategies to retain their support, involvement and deepen their giving.
- Generate new revenue through prospect research, cultivation and solicitation in service of assigned fundraising targets and other priorities related to donor involvement and stewardship.
- As a front line fundraiser, work directly with major donors both from within our Tim Hortons family and the broader community of high net worth individual prospects to increase year-over-year giving. Focus will be placed on gifts in the $25,000 - $100,000+ annual giving range.
- Develop effective donor solicitation strategies for all assigned major gift prospects, including preparing proposals, fundraising materials, reports and related communications.
- Draft and execute effective offers, asks, proposals, case for support and gift agreements that are accurate and reflect the mission, method and values of the Foundation. This work will be completed in conjunction with the Marketing and Communications Team and the Program Innovation Team.
Does this sound like you?
- Undergraduate degree in a related field.
- Five years (5+) of major gift/planned giving experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and growing successful major gift programs.
- Deep knowledge of donor relationship management and stewardship.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate innovative, flexible and adaptive solutions to deliver on results.
- Proven track record in soliciting and closing major gifts and developing productive, meaningful, authentic relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to represent the Foundation in a professional, credible, genuine and compelling manner.
- Experienced in using donor database systems used for managing donor and solicitation records.
- Bilingual French and English considered an asset
- Ability to travel, within the province, Canada and North America (up to 50%)
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable drivers abstract.
- Acceptable Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search.
Get your application in by: March 30th, 2018 – Please submit resume and cover letter to Maegan East, Director Human Resources at Maegan.email@example.com