Posted On: 2018-03-09
Closing On: 2018-04-09
Effective: May 2018
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the MNjcc:
The Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre is a dynamic hub in downtown Toronto. It provides opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds to be active, to learn, to connect and to participate in a wide range of recreational, educational and cultural experiences. Rooted in Jewish values, the MNjcc is open to all.
Founded in 1953 in the Annex neighbourhood, the MNjcc is home to a 3600 member state of the art Fitness Centre, the Al Green Theatre, four schools, four choirs, a wide range of arts and cultural activities, Jewish Life programming, and a robust Active 55+ program. We are committed to removing barriers and being accessible to all who come through our doors including those who are Deaf or experience disabilities.
Are you motivated and passionate about having an impact in the community and sharing those stories? Are you looking to apply and expand your skills to further develop your career in fundraising? Join the MNjcc as the Development Coordinator, Annual Giving and play a vital role in building a strong culture of philanthropy by helping grow annual giving programs, including campaign coordination, donor communication and special events. This role will help strengthen and foster donor relations with a focus on acquiring and stewarding individual and foundation annual donors, including the establishment of a new Young Patrons program. Supporting the Director of Development, this multifaceted position is a great opportunity for a dynamic, organized individual who enjoys an active learning environment in a growing team-oriented organization. Experience working with a fundraising and donor information management system/database is preferred, but comfort and experience using other technology systems will be considered.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Annual Giving – Plan, implement and evaluate multi-channel annual giving campaigns, including direct mail and onling giving, monthly renewals and other special appeals as needed with the support of the Development Assistant.
- Foundation Support - Identify new and renewing annual foundation prospects and ensure the timely submission of requests in collaboration with programming and management staff.
- Stewardship – Ensure high-quality, timely donor stewardship such as gift acknowledgements, recognition and other donor correspondence.
- Special Events – Help coordinate the planning, promotion and logistics of an annual fundraising event and other stewardship/cultivation events as needed.
- Communications - Collaborate with the Marketing team on content to ensure relevant donor-centered communications, such as a new quarterly donor e-newsletter, and website and social media updates.
- Other Duties - Assist with the coordination and management of additional fundraising activities, as assigned by supervisor.
- Project Management ‐ Accomplishes a task with a thorough and precise focus on every component of the project, and identifies opportunities to increase efficiencies and solve problems in the workplace.
- Teamwork ‐ Works positively and productively to achieve group goals within a team setting by readily engaging others while being aware of the perspectives of each individual member.
- Flexibility ‐ Balances the needs and interests of various stakeholders and is responsive in adjusting plans and priorities based on current situation and needs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent with a minimum of two years full-time relevant experience in fundraising/development or related field.
- Proven track record of initiating and executing multi-channel fundraising appeals, including direct mail, with a focus on monitoring results and adapting for greater response.
- Ability to manage regular and timely communications and reports to donors.
- Experience coordinating events in collaboration with other staff, volunteers and external vendors.
- A self-starter, who is team-oriented with a positive, “can-do” attitude, has a willingness to learn, strong sense of personal initiative and ownership of projects.
- Works effectively with a diverse population of staff, volunteers, donors and external contacts to build and maintain successful relationships.
- Ability to stay organized and maintain attention to detail while working on multiple competing projects and deadlines.
- Possesses a professional demeanor with strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated passion for working in the charitable sector.
- Knowledge of donor management or CRM databases, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) considered an asset.
Salary and Benefits:
- In addition to a salary commensurate with experience, we provide an attractive benefit and vacation package that includes medical/dental, FREE MNjcc Fitness Centre membership and program discounts.
How to apply:
- Email resume and cover letter indicating where you found the posting to email@example.com by April 9 with the subject: “Application: Development Coordinator, Annual Giving”.
- Please note only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted and that interviews may begin before the application deadline.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
The MNjcc is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of JCC culture. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. Please contact David Fielder at: (416) 924-6211 x404; firstname.lastname@example.org; or in person by appointment.