Posted On: 2018-03-13
Closing On: 2018-03-21
Employment Type: Full-Time
POSITION: Full-time, permanent
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Donor Relations
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Corporate Donor Relations
BASIC FUNCTION: To work in partnership with volunteers and workplaces, developing and implementing strategic plans which will contribute to the achievement of United Way’s fundraising goals
- Provide expertise in corporate, employee, individual and/or special events fundraising approaches
- Analyze data and develop strategies based on evaluation of previous results and additional research
- Assist in selection and recruitment of fundraising volunteers and ensure that they receive appropriate orientation and training
- Work closely with senior/key volunteers to ensure that they remain engaged and motivated; ensure that they are well-prepared for all meetings, calls and events
- Account management of clients
- Develop, in conjunction with volunteers, financial and non-financial goals for assigned portfolio in keeping with the overall campaign objectives
- Develop annual division plan and timetable; direct implementation
- Provide support to volunteers by assisting in preparation of agendas, minutes, call packages, briefing notes and other material
- Ensure that accurate, up-to-date information is maintained in the database for assigned portfolio
- Manage and monitor progress and results for all assigned accounts
- Manage assigned temporary campaign staff by providing training, support, motivation, problem solving and assessment of performance
- Manage and ensure proper orientation of assigned support staff
- Participate as a member of the staff team in regular departmental and inter-departmental activities
- More than 3 years of fundraising experience
- Project management and/or sales and marketing experience
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and updating a database
- Experience delivering presentations and training sessions
- Ability to gather and analyze information needed for problem solving and decision making
- Ability to influence, negotiate and manage contentious issues to resolution
- Ability to coordinate and modify projects, and occasionally working with a group of outside volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage constituent relationships
- Proven organizational abilities and the ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines under pressure
- Proven ability to take initiative and carry projects to completion with minimum supervision
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and constituent service skills including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively with a diverse employee population and multiple stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to work with numbers and proven track record of accuracy
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
Interested candidates please apply through the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=uwgt.org&jobId=189617&lang=en_CA&source=CC3 no later than March 21, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that due to the volume of resumes, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
UWTYR offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process. If you are contacted by UWTYR regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
About United Way Toronto & York Region: United Way Toronto & York Region is a charity dedicated to creating opportunities for a better life for everyone from the waterfront of downtown Toronto, to the southern shore of Lake Simcoe. Working in partnership with others, we mobilize people and resources to support a network of agencies that help people when they need it most. United Way also addresses the root causes of social problems, working to change community conditions for the better over the long term.
Diversity & Inclusion: At United Way Toronto & York Region, we’re committed to developing an inclusive workplace with deep roots in the communities we serve. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodation, to apply to join our team. Our commitment to excellence in diversity goes further than promoting equity. By incorporating a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and ideas we create opportunities for innovative solutions — and better results that maximize the impact of our work.