Posted On: 2018-03-20
Closing On: 2018-04-16
Employment Type: Full-Time
Director, Community Giving,
Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign
(Permanent position: Greater Toronto Area)
Mackenzie Health is a dynamic regional healthcare provider serving a population of more than a half million people across York Region and beyond. Nationally recognized for its commitment to safety and quality patient care, Mackenzie Health is a healthcare leader with a wide variety of academic partners. Mackenzie Health includes Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, the future Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, as well as a comprehensive network of community-based services in Richmond Hill, Vaughan and the surrounding communities.
Mackenzie Health's vision is to create a world-class health experience. This means delivering quality, compassionate and timely patient-centered care. It means that everything we do is focused on our patients and community.
Mackenzie Health Foundation
Established in 1977, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $125 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. With the mission to inspire inspirational gifts, we are proud of our long tradition of partnership with our generous community.
The Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign
Mackenzie Health Foundation is spearheading the $250-million Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign – the largest fundraising drive led by a community hospital in Canada – to help build and equip Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital and enhance care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital. The campaign will help build an outstanding state-of-the-art hospital and purchase the leading-edge equipment and technology that will attract and inspire best-in-class specialists and health care teams at both its hospitals. To date, the Foundation has attracted over $80 million towards the campaign. A lead transformational pledge from Magna International Inc. of $10-million will name the emergency department at Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, the Magna Emergency.
Reporting to the Foundation President and CEO and serving as a member of the Foundation Senior Management Team, the incumbent of this permanent position will lead the development of the community engagement strategy for the community phase of the $250 million Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign. Utilizing advanced data analytics, the Director will design fundraising, marketing and donor programs, as well as manage the programs to engage the diverse citizens, corporations, business, organizations and employees of York Region and beyond in supporting Mackenzie Health. Working closely with colleagues and volunteer leaders dedicated to community giving, the Director will also provide leadership to a team of volunteer ambassadors and Community Giving/Major Gift officers with a special focus on prospects and organizations contributing in the range of $1,000 to $25,000.
- Over five (5) years of related practical experience preferably in a charity setting.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a leadership role with fiscal responsibility and budget preparation in a complex organization.
- Demonstrated expertise in data analytics.
- Strong forecast, analysis and budgeting experience; strong intellectual capabilities with first-rate analytical skills.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), Raiser’s Edge (or equivalent) and financial management software.
- Prepared to respond to a fast-paced changing environment requiring flexibility and adaptability with respect to working hours such as evening and weekend hours.
- Strong knowledge of and general familiarity with legislation relevant to charities, privacy, contracts and human resources.
- Demonstrates leadership competencies consistent with position level.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation – Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
- Team Work – supports all members of the Foundation team and actively participates in the team’s activities and able to work in partnership with the executive management team, the Foundation’s Board, staff, donors, partners and other stakeholders. Communication – demonstrates strong and effective communication skills.
- Professionalism – consistently displays professionalism in all aspects of the role.
- Organization – demonstrates strong organization skills and a systematic approach to carrying out all activities.
- Donor Centered – demonstrates a strong customer service orientation throughout the donor management process.
- Planning and organization – Establishes efficient, realistic strategies and action steps to achieve objectives and manages processes for effective, efficient service delivery.
- Superior professional interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Exceptional organizational, problem solving, judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and under tight timelines.
- Positively represents Mackenzie Health Foundation in the community.
- University degree from a recognized university
- Master’s degree with a focus on data analytics and marketing (an asset)
This national search is being conducted on behalf of Mackenzie Health Foundation by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
Please visit: http://jobs.crawfordconnect.com/jobposting.asp?WebJobPostingsID=24. Select the 'Apply to this Position’ button up top to upload your cover letter and resume by April 16, 2018.
For additional information regarding this position, please reach out to Michelle Lalonde at 416.699.5199 / 1.866.647.5149. We request all applications be submitted online only. For technical issues in applying to this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online only on our website, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.