Posted On: 2018-03-22
Closing On: 2018-04-26
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you who we’re looking for?
Are you exceptionally organized and detail oriented? A problem-solver? A hard working project manager, able to juggle many balls at the same time? Are you a ‘roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-it-done’ type of person? Do you wake up in the morning wanting to make a difference?
If you said yes to these, than North York General Foundation wants you.
About North York General Foundation
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, NYGH is a care-hub for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, an innovation spring board in the health care landscape and destination for philanthropy.
At North York General Foundation, our team of creative and dedicated professionals support raising and stewarding funds for our incredible hospital. Building on the success of our $150 M ‘Campaign for North York General’, we are driving towards the future, planning and investing in programs and infrastructure that will transform how our hospital delivers exceptional care to our growing community.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, you will work closely with the fundraising team to grow the Foundation’s Direct Response, Tribute Giving and Monthly Giving programs. In this role, you will support the development of the portfolio’s annual business plan and budget. You are a key driver to the acquisition of new donors into the Foundation, inspiring grateful patients, and raising the profile of the program.
- Responsible for the planning, administration and logistical execution of all retention and acquisition mailings, patient mailings, and digital outreach (e.g. emails and social media) for direct response program
- Analyze the annual giving pipeline to reactivate, cultivate, upgrade, and convert donors
- Identify and support the implementation of coordinated digital engagement strategies
- Steward and cultivate donors through phone calls, emails, and written communication
- Maintain Raisers Edge data base for all campaigns and donor engagement activities including queries, coding, data mining, notes etc.
- Code data to segment donors according to their communication preferences and philanthropic interests
- Pull Raiser’s Edge queries/lists for mailings, e-blasts, thank you calls, data clean-up projects, and reporting purposes
- Track and report on appeals, monitor monthly budget targets, and develop mitigation plans as required
- Issue and review requests for quotes/proposals for projects and mailings
- Be point of contact for direct response preferred vendors
- Prepare material and support departmental outreach across the hospital to educate and engage around Tribute programs/opportunities
- Coordinate and execute all tribute related fundraising including mailings, eblasts, promotion, thank you cards, baby blocks, data, administration, etc.
- Keep tribute collateral up-to-date and stocked across our sites and work with the Gift Processing and Donor Relations Teams to ensure recognition is up-to-date
- Work with the philanthropy and research teams to implement a customized program to convert tribute donors to annual donors.
- Work with the marketing communications team to implement online and offline opportunities to attract tribute donors
Integration with Other Teams
- Support other fundraising teams with their mailing and promotional activities
- Work with the finance and stewardship teams to ensure proper coding of appeals and funds in RE
- Be a leader and active member of the internal Raisers Edge working group to develop and implement processes for database management and clean-up across the organization
- Work closely with mid-level and prospective major gift program fundraiser to track donors who should be upgraded or returned to the Direct Response stream
- Learn and help identify new and innovative best practices within the field of Direct Response to inform programs and promotions throughout the year
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Post-graduate education/training in fundraising preferable. Working toward a CFRE designation or membership in AFP an asset
- 2-3 years relevant experience in the Direct Response Marketing and/or Annual Giving with demonstrated success in this area
- Strong understanding of database management, gift processing and analytics
- Must have 2-3 years’ experience using Raisers Edge or similar CRM
- queries, exports, global adds, imports and reports
- Experience using Luminate and MailChimp an asset
- Knowledge of CASL and its implementation processes
- Excellent administrative skills including solid working experience using relevant technology and software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe CS (InDesign, Illustrator, etc.), etc.
- Friendly customer service oriented approach complemented by excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in donor centric writing for Direct Response preferred
- Understanding of tribute/memorial programs and processes
- Ability to work both in a team environment as well as independently
- Budget experience an asset
Hours: Full Time Permanent 37.5 hours per week. Occasional weekend or evening hours may be required.
To apply for this role please forward your CV and Cover Letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by April 26, 2018 at 4pm. Please reference “Senior Coordinator, Direct Response and Tribute” in the subject line.