Posted On: 2018-03-22
Closing On: 2018-04-30
Location: Richmond Hill
Employment Type: Full-Time
With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts’, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $100 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. We are seeking to grow our inspired team with a Specialist, Communications.
Reporting to the Director, Communications, Marketing and Stewardship, the Specialist develops and produces creative and engaging donor-centric content and communications materials on multiple platforms to raise awareness of the Foundation in the community and enhance relationships to support the Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign for Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital and Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital.
- Lead on the writing, researching and interviewing required to produce a wide range of key internal and external communications vehicles, including cases for support, impact reports, a quarterly newsletter, community magazine, e-newsletters, website, and social media content in order to produce measurable results in awareness, engagement, and brand enhancement.
- Prepare briefing notes key messages, thank you letters and speaking remarks for campaign initiatives, including cultivation events, special events and hospital activities and ceremonies.
- Proactively coordinate all media relations for the Foundation and write media advisories and news releases, maintain up-to-date media distribution lists, while integrating all media efforts with the hospital media relations activities.
- Assist as needed in the writing, design and production of creative and compelling marketing and advertising materials in support of the campaign, including flyers, brochures, posters, billboards, promotional items, and recognition and announcement advertisement.
- Contribute to the annual calendar for communications and marketing for internal and external audiences, in alignment with the strategic communications plan.
- Proofread and fact checks communications and marketing materials.
- Assist in organizing impactful donor appreciation, cultivation and campaign events, including announcements, tours and milestone celebrations.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders at the Foundation and Hospital on required projects, including campaigns, special events and stewardship.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College or university diploma or degree in communications, marketing, journalism, fundraising or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience as a communications and/or donor relations professional, preferably in a non-profit or health care environment.
- Experience working in a capital campaign for a not-for-profit or health care organization is preferred, with a strong understanding of internal and external donor and prospect audiences.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, with knowledge of CP Style and demonstrated ability to source and write compelling and emotive stories that demonstrate the impact of giving.
- Critical thinker and self-starter with strong organizational, research, interviewing and information-gathering skills, and demonstrated ability to adapt writing styles for various audiences and communications channels.
- Ability to interpret, synthesize and articulate complex concepts into terms that are understandable and compelling to donors and prospects.
- Possesses strategic digital communications skills, including content and asset development, and engagement.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to prioritize competing demands and deadlines in a fast-paced environment with daily deadlines and multiple workflows.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software applications, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge will be considered an asset.
- Prepared to respond to a fast-paced changing environment requiring flexibility and adaptability with respect to working hours such as evening and weekend hours when required.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with the Foundation’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation– Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Interested candidates are invited to apply using the following link: https://employment-mackenziehealth.icims.com/jobs/1579/communications-specialist/job
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.