Posted On: 2018-03-22
Closing On: 2018-04-30
Location: Richmond Hill
Employment Type: Full-Time
With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts’, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $111 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. As we work toward achieving our exciting mandate, we are seeking to grow our inspired team with a full-time Stewardship and Donor Engagement Officer.
Reporting to the Director, Communications, Marketing and Stewardship, the Officer will contribute to the further development and consistent delivery of the exceptional donor experiences of a sector-leading stewardship and donor engagement program that differentiates the Foundation from other institutions. The Officer will work closely with the fundraising, special events and communications teams to deliver comprehensive and strategic donor-centred initiatives and tools that support the Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign for Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital and Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital. Responsibilities include, creating campaign donor walls, maintaining donor walls, overseeing donor recognition projects and events, and managing data for accountability and reporting.
- Collaborates with senior management to lead the development and implementation of a stewardship and donor engagement program that fosters and nurtures long-term, meaningful relationships between the Foundation and its donors and sponsors.
- Plans and organizes impactful events related to major giving and campaign initiatives, including cultivation, volunteer and donor appreciation events, announcements, tours and milestone celebrations, to motivate increased and continued support.
- Compiles and maintains an inventory of existing stewardship and recognition commitments to ensure compliance with the donor recognition policy and matrix and gift agreements.
- A degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a relevant field, including fundraising or special events planning.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation considered an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the fundraising/advancement field, preferably in a health care environment, or equivalent client-focused environment.
- Strong writing, communication and research skills required to convey concise, clear and compelling stories.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong sense of diplomacy and demonstrated ability to build strong, collaborative relationships within and across departments.
- Understanding of current and emerging best practices in stewardship and donor engagement, with a demonstrated ability to develop and implement stewardship strategies that strengthen long-term relationships with major donors.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques relevant to major gift fundraising.
- Ability to work independently, to rise to new challenges and find creative solutions, and to prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and multiple workflows.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a demonstrated ability for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency in using the MS Office suite.
- Experience with donor databases such as Raiser’s Edge and desktop publishing and graphic design tools such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop will be considered an asset.
- Experience working with volunteers and volunteer programs would be an asset.
- Prepared to respond to a fast-paced changing environment requiring flexibility and adaptability with respect to working hours such as evening and weekend hours when required.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation– Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Interested candidates are invited to apply using the following link: https://employment-mackenziehealth.icims.com/jobs/1581/stewardship-and-donor-engagement-officer/job
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.