Posted On: 2018-03-26
Closing On: 2018-04-30
Employment Type: Full-Time
LOFT Community Services is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the service users and communities we serve. Applications are encouraged which indicate diversity in culture, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and experience that reflects the clients we serve.
DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR - 1 Full Time Permanent Position
LOCATION: Downtown Toronto
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic organization helping people with complex challenges turn their lives around and recover their dignity and independence. LOFT works with people living with complicated issues that include mental and physical health, substance abuse, poverty and homelessness. With an operating budget of $35 million, 1300 units of supportive housing and serving about 5,800 people a year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers and a leader in community-based services for people most in need.
When people with mental and physical health challenges, addiction issues or cognitive impairment find themselves marginalized, vulnerable and homeless or threatened with homelessness, LOFT is ready to offer dignity and hope. LOFT has been doing this work since 1953 reaching out to serve people who often fall through the cracks. When people have nowhere else to turn, LOFT is there for them. LOFT takes a proactive approach to addressing community challenges, responding to the evolving needs of the day with innovative programming that seeks to empower our clients to be able to take back control of their lives.
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring a Development Coordinator.
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Coordinator plays a key support role as a member of a recently expanded four-person development team with a shared goal of galvanizing supporters and growing annual revenue to fund the innovative services that will transform the lives of LOFT clients.
- Maintaining donor records, processing gifts and acknowledging and stewarding donors using The Raiser’s Edge
- Supporting digital communications including Facebook, website and LOFT’s newly implemented Luminate Online fundraising platform.
- Project management, layout and design of communications materials including donor newsletters, and other branded materials.
- Coordinating and supporting receipt and allocation of in-kind gifts.
- Supporting LOFT’s volunteer program including coordinating and supporting corporate volunteer work teams.
- Coordinating and executing donor-facing events and supporting third-party fundraising activities.
- Supporting and assisting in all other fundraising activities as required.
- Salary range: $45,000 to $54,000
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in communications, public relations, fundraising or related discipline is desirable.
- A minimum of 1 year completed fundraising work experience, work placements or internships.
- Computer competency including Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe InDesign or other desk-top publishing software (Photoshop and WordPress experience would be a strong asset).
- Experience with donor database software, especially Raisers Edge.
- Strong spoken and written communications skills in English, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in a mature and professional manner.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Confident interpersonal skills with proven customer service ability.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A driver’s license
- AFP membership
TO APPLY: Send resume and covering letter to: email@example.com
PLEASE INCLUDE: “Development Coordinator” in the subject bar of any email
CLOSING DATE: April 30, 2018 by 5:00 pm