Posted On: 2018-03-26
Closing On: 2018-04-16
Employment Type: Full-Time
CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY
POSITION: Senior Manager, Gift Processing
REPORTS TO: Director, Donor Services
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
STATUS: Regular, Full-Time
Reporting to the Director, Donor Services, the Senior Manager, Gift Processing is responsible for standardizing gift processing across the Department, overseeing the processing of all gifts received, supervising all Gift Processing staff and ensuring the accuracy and consistency of donor data. The Senior Manager is a subject matter expert in gift processing and related business processes. This position is a leader in process development and implementation and is a key resource in managing efficient and cost-effective gift processing to enable gold-standard donor service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops strategies and tactics for gift processing in alignment with organizational goals.
- Manages gift processing projects ensuring they are completed within agreed upon timeframes communicating with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Works with the Director, Donor Services to develop and implement standardized gift processing and receipting across the Department.
- Actively participates in the selection and implementation of nation-wide systems and solutions.
- Oversees a management team who are accountable for all day-to-day gift processing in their regions.
- Manages regional teams to ensure compliance with data integrity standards and to ensure donor records are always up-to-date and accurate.
- Oversees regional teams in the processing of all gift and donor information and the processing of tax receipts and acknowledgement letters.
- Evaluates the current data entry protocol and gift management processes and provides recommendations to ensure consistency and efficiency in the management of donor data.
- Develops reporting protocol to evaluate data entry rates, error rates and accuracy rates.
- Ensures adherence to stated gift processing SLAs by all team members.
- Acts as a primary liaison between Donor Services and the IT and Information and Solutions Management Departments with regards to the strategic use and functionality of the CRM system.
- Acts as a primary liaison between Donor Services and the Finance Department with regards to deposit, reconciliation and bank processes.
- Works closely with the Senior Manager, Donor Services to ensure accurate use of the CRM databases by all Donor Services Representatives and facilitate additional training as required.
- Manages vendor relationships to facilitate the issuance of tax receipts for specified fundraising segments.
- Identifies opportunities for process standardization and optimization.
- Stays updated on best practices as they relate to current and future CRM products and the overall field of data management.
- Recruits, engages and retains qualified employees to meet business priorities.
- Provides a safe and healthy work environment for team members and relevant stakeholders.
- Ensures they work in compliance with The Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations and the Society’s Health & Safety Policy.
- Provides support and direction in the development, alignment and accomplishment of objectives through on-going performance feedback, recognition and coaching.
- Regularly handles confidential information.
- Works in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of related post-secondary education or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Seven or more years of fundraising experience in data entry, donation processing or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in a management/supervisory role with both local and remote staff members.
- Expert knowledge in one or more of Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM, Luminate CRM, or SalesForce is required.
- Bilingual French/English is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency in MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Knowledge of basic general accounting procedures and CRA tax receipting requirements is required.
- Demonstrated experience in relationship building in a multi-level national organization with interdepartmental coordination and cooperation would be an asset.
- Excellent written, analytical, organizational, planning and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with high work volumes.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Criminal reference check required.
Please note that in keeping with the mandate of the Canadian Cancer Society to model and promote healthy lifestyles, employees are not permitted to smoke in or about Society premises or while carrying out CCS business.
- Office environment with occasional requirements to work outside of regular office hours.
- Occasional day/overnight travel.
- 3 Regional Leads.
- 19 Gift Processing Staff.
WHAT WE OFFER:
CCS offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in the fight against cancer. We are committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values:
CARING COURAGE INTEGRITY PROGRESSIVE
In return for your skills and dedication, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
Qualified candidates are invited to visit our careers website at www.cancer.ca to submit their resume and cover letter by April 16, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Cancer Society is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. CCS will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request.
For more information about how you can join the fight against cancer and become a member of our dynamic team, please visit our website at www.cancer.ca