Posted On: 2018-03-27
No closing date
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Associate Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Reports to: Manager, Development
Department: Development Team Central
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Permanent, full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.TM
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The Associate Manager, Corporate Partnerships is responsible for supporting the activation and stewardship efforts through the execution of projects/events and relationship management activities for the partners across the country. The Associate Manager, Corporate Partnerships will be the activation and stewardship lead for a portfolio of the Foundation’s smaller corporate partners, ensuring thoughtful relationship management and timely fulfillment of requirements. This position also supports the team in building sellable assets for National and Provincial sales leads. Developing offerings that will meet the objectives of prospective corporate partners and writing sales and promotional materials is a key activity in generating revenue for this line of business.
Activation and Stewardship:
- Contributes to the preparation of detailed briefing documents in advance of meetings or calls where partners are involved
- Manages critical paths, clearly outlining the key sponsorship deliverables and the roles and responsibilities of corporate partners and HSF teams
- Liaises with key internal stakeholders to ensure cooperation and effective roll out of sponsorship deliverables / contractual obligations
- Contributes to the creation of compelling and personalized stewardship and activation plans, as well as custom-made creative briefs for large-scale corporate partnerships
- Produces persuasive stewardship reports that drive partnership renewal and include qualitative and quantitative elements
- Supports the development of thoughtful correspondence, including but not limited to:
- Thank you letters
- Congratulatory letters
- Partner acknowledgements
- Social media posts
- Lead the development of assets for smaller scale opportunities
- Attends discovery and pitch meetings with smaller value prospects, as appropriate, to provide expertise and support on business development.
- Support the Corporate Partnerships team across the country in meeting revenue goals through the development of strategic assets
- Follow-up with internal stakeholders on integrated solutions for partners and prospects
- Work with internal teams to confirm approval for proposed recognition
- Confirm and adhere to marketing and production timelines
- Negotiate solutions for partners and prospects that align with HSF mission and partners objectives
- Manage the coordination of development of content for impactful sponsorship materials, including but not limited to:
- Project summaries for internal and external audiences
- Customized sponsorship proposals for high-value corporate prospects
- Sponsorship grids to support initiation of new, and updating of current Foundation assets
- Sales packages for annual programs/events
- Actively manages projects such as, stewardship reports, statements of work, Ride for Heart and Big Bike activation and stewardship plans, to ensure they are on time and budget
- Coordinates internal approvals at all levels of the organization in a timely and efficient manner
- Executes accurate invoice and expense administration and reconciliation
- Catalogues project/partnership deliverables and creates workback schedules as required
- Ensures central file repository is kept current with the latest information
- Manages corporate partners less than $25K, ensuring that the requirements of all sponsorship agreements are fulfilled according to contracts, proactively solves problems and escalates as necessary
Located in Toronto, supporting HSF colleagues across Canada
- Post-secondary education, in business or marketing preferred
Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years relevant experience in marketing, communications or account management
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills for a variety of audiences
- Detail oriented and skilled in accuracy
- Proficient in relationship management
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to identify priorities
- Collaborative and results-oriented
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment involving multiple tasks and critical deadlines
- Excellent computer skills with sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with design software and Salesforce (or equivalent)is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in corporate partnerships and business development is an asset
- Knowledge of French is an asset
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.