Posted On: 2018-03-28
Closing On: 2018-04-17
Employment Type: Full-Time
St Joseph’s Health Centre, or St. Joe’s Toronto, is a community teaching hospital, affiliated with the University of Toronto, serving the healthcare needs of the city’s vibrant west end. Its vision is to advance the health of its community by being Canada’s best community teaching health centre. Its people – staff, physicians, volunteers and students – live the vision and values every day, and are committed to serving its patients and their local community with compassion and quality personal care.
A Catholic community teaching hospital, St. Joe’s Toronto is a much beloved institution committed to fostering a healthy community for all that extends to patients, their families, and the west Toronto catchment area.
St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation supports St. Joseph’s Health Centre in its tradition of providing quality, caring health services for the southwest Toronto community. The Foundation does this through various fundraising, stewardship and granting activities. Gifts to the Foundation help the Health Centre improve facilities, acquire equipment and support critical continuing education.
The Foundation is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic team player who wants to work as part of a dynamic team focused on servicing and attracting support from our patients, neighbours and friends in our west end community. If you feel that you would be a great fit please apply to be the Manager, Corporate Partnership and Events. Please send in your resume and a covering letter by April 17th, 2018, to email@example.com. We are looking forward to you helping us realize impressive results now and in years to come!
The Manager of Corporate Partnerships and Events is part of a dynamic Community Engagement team focused on engaging corporate partnership for St. Joseph’s and managing the Foundation’s events.
S/he is a builder and sustainer of relationships who likes a challenge and looks for opportunities for the Foundation to expand its corporate revenue base. S/he is someone who will know the community well and will build our existing signature events (Fall Classic Golf Tournament, Toronto West Halloween Fest, Cycle 4 St. Joe’s and Share Your Light) in ways that: mobilize the community; build awareness of the Health Centre; are accessible; engaging and meet or exceed revenue expectations. The Manager will also work closely with the Foundation’s major giving team to manage successful internal and external events.
The Manager reports to the Director of Community Engagement and works closely with their Foundation colleagues as part of an integrated team focused on meeting annual business objectives. They will have one direct report (Special Events Coordinator).
The Manager of Corporate Partnerships and Events will be an outstanding team member, a strategic thinker, clear communicator and strong executer. The Manager will have expertise in corporate partnerships and sponsorships and event and volunteer management. They will have experience working with volunteers at all levels and supporting their success. The Manager will have a strong track record of success over the last five or more years. They will love a challenge and relish the opportunity to be a leader in a dynamic and growing organization focused on delivering increasingly strong results in an integrated structure. Knowledge of our Toronto west end community is a definite asset.
S/he is someone who will know the community well and will enhance our current operations and develop innovative new ways to help mobilize our internal and external communities in ways that are accessible, engaging and effective. They will be focused on meeting business objectives now and in the future and building a strong and successful revenue streams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Qualifies, cultivates, solicits, manages and stewards corporate and community partnerships that create new or incremental revenue for St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation.
- Develop the strategy and manage all aspects of the solicitation process, including researching and discerning the objectives of prospective partners and creating proposals/presentations
- Draft proposals for solicitation meetings with prospects and partners
- Knows and applies best practices in the design and execution of corporate and community fundraising event partnerships
- Accountable for overseeing a portfolio of signature St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation’s fundraising events, including event logistics planning, critical path management, volunteer recruitment, participant communications, partner recognition and benefits and data tracking
- Continuously evaluate the partner’s satisfaction in order to design expansion opportunities with the goal of increasing or diversifying revenue potential
- Maintains relationship data for events/partners in CRM database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Contributes to Foundation team initiatives, plans and meetings
If you feel that you would be a great fit for the position and foundation, please send in your resume and a covering letter by 5:00pm on April 17th, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.