Job Posting: Communications Specialist, The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation
The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation raises over $100 million annually to support breakthrough research, patient care, space transformation, and education programs at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre. As one of the top 5 cancer research centres in the world, The Princess Margaret is a recognized international leader in the fight against cancer, thanks in part to the generous support of our donor community.
The Communications Specialist is an integral member of the Major Gift team. S/he plays a vital role in achieving The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation’s fundraising goals by developing communication materials (proposals, stewardship reports, informational 2-pagers, web content, etc.) to support Major Gift solicitations. A self-motivated professional, s/he possesses strong interviewing and research skills, along with exceptional writing ability, to create clear, compelling, and visually appealing messages.
- Collaborate with fundraisers and Cancer Centre staff to research, write and produce persuasive materials such as proposals, stewardship reports, cases for support, etc. for the purpose of soliciting transformational gifts ($10M+)
- Develop copy for Major Gift communications materials as required (i.e. brochures, site-specific materials, etc.) that can be multi-purposed for other departments in the Foundation
- Provide web content, as it relates to Major Gifts
- Coordinate and write submissions for any UHN communications vehicles, as required
- Write speaking notes as needed for Major Gift/ Foundation events
- Participate in communications, fundraising, and team meetings as required
- University degree from an accredited institution or post-graduate diploma, ideally in communications
- Ability to synthesize and translate complex medical and scientific information into easily understood narratives to show impact and encourage donor engagement
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills
- Background in proposal, stewardship, and web writing
- Proficient at working under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, along with having a visual flair, is desired
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and maintain superlative attention to detail
- Excellent research and interviewing skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment, including being open to receiving feedback and edits from various stakeholders
- Passion and true commitment to the work of Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume to PMH.FoundationCareers@thepmcf.ca by April 20, 2018. Please note only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.