Posted On: 2018-04-04
Closing On: 2018-04-18
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Alzheimer Society’s vision is a world without Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Our mission is to alleviate the personal and social consequences of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias and to promote research.
Collaboration Accountability Respect Excellence
Bilingual Donor Relations Assistant
Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Bilingual Donor Relations Assistant is an integral member of the Fund Development team. As the first point of contact for donors making a donation via telephone to the Alzheimer Society of Canada, it is essential that the Bilingual Donor Relations Assistant has excellent communication skills, a pleasant demeanor and a service-oriented attitude. This is a full-time permanent position, located at our office at Yonge & Eglinton in Toronto.
Does this sound like you?
- An eager ‘can do’ attitude and ability to take initiative to get the job done
- A team player who thrives in a dynamic team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both French and English
- Customer Service experience particularly in a donor type setting
- Experience or interest in working in the not-for-profit sector
If you said ‘yes’ to all of these then you should apply! Read below for more information on the responsibilities and qualifications for this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Bilingual Donor Relations:
- Performs clerical and administrative functions to support the Society’s donor relations program.
- Handling and processing French and English speaking donor requests, ensuring that requests and concerns are handled to the satisfaction of the donor. All donors must be responded to in a timely and courteous manner.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail, couriers; opens, sorts and processes donor mail.
- Records memorial donation information in an accurate manner, including noting credit card information; prepares and mails memorial cards, in a timely manner. Prepare and send out tribute gift cards as needed.
- Contacts donors regarding donation problems, e.g. credit card problems (an invalid or incomplete credit card number, etc.) or donations have not been processed due to donor error, e.g. an unsigned or incomplete cheque, etc.).
- Responds to donor requests for information on Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders, duplicate receipts, etc.
- Receives and addresses requests from provincial and local chapters in regards to donor requests (donations, tax receipts, modification and cancellation of mailings, prospect mailing inquiries, etc.)and handles donor complaints, within scope of authority, including explaining, clarifying and exchanging information; escalates donor issues to the Donor Relations Coordinator, as appropriate.
- Coordinates the wedding donation program, including the preparation of acknowledgement certificates, seed packets, and special orders of blank cards and pins. Drafts donor correspondence, as necessary.
- Provide monthly donor stewardship calls, emails and handwritten thank-you notes.
Francophone Resource Support:
- Provides French translation services to support the Society’s donor relations program.
- Receives and responds to French language telephone calls, correspondence; acts as liaison/translator between staff and caller, as required.
- Communicates requests/orders for French materials and other information (e.g. pamphlets, videos, etc.) to the Shipper/Receiver.
- Maintains the Society’s donor data management system(s) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responds to donor requests to be added/deleted from the Society’s mailing list; amends/corrects donor information, as required.
- Update donor information and track all points of contact with donors via Raiser’s Edge donor database
- Provide support to the Monthly Donor Coordinator to ensure all monthly donor files are updated and all confirmation/update letters are sent to donors in a timely manner.
- Ensure the quality of donors records in RE by conducting regular quality checks (daily, weekly, monthly or as needed) through validation queries and/or routine maintenance checks and update records as needed.
- Pull daily, weekly and monthly reports from database on key performance metrics.
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in fundraising, business or related field.
- At least 3 years related experience.
- Previous experience in a not-for-profit organization is an asset.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Written, verbal and comprehension fluency in French
- Exemplary phone etiquette
- Excellent verbal, written, communication skills, client service and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of relevant software programs, i.e. Raiser’s Edge, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, MS Outlook, etc.
- Ability to use tact, direction and patience when handling unpleasant contacts, e.g. angry donors.
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills, including handling multiple, concurrent, issues and tasks.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Demonstrated orientation to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and act with the utmost discretion.
- Ability to take initiative and work proactively is absolutely essential.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please include the ‘Job Title’ in the subject line.
Closing Date: Wednesday April 18, 2018
We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Alzheimer Society welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.