Posted On: 2018-04-05
Closing On: 2018-05-31
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior Development Officer, Database Management
Employment Terms: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Branksome Hall, a leading independent International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for girls challenges and inspires girls to love learning and shape a better world. Through the unique combination of wellbeing, outstanding academics and international mindedness, Branksome Hall students and employees become impactful leaders. The school offers a strong liberal arts curriculum that develops critical thinking and inquiry skills. Our graduates are accepted by the leading universities in Canada and around the world.
As a member of the Advance and Community Engagement team, the Senior Development Officer, Database Management (SDO) will coordinate and work with the Raiser’s Edge database, that holds and tracks information related to donors, donations, alumnae, current and prospective donors.
Ensuring that the data is current and relevant, the incumbent is also responsible for data integrity, improvement, analysis, reporting, and database and web integration. Reporting to the Associate Director, Development the SDO also coordinates relevant payment management to maximize fundraising revenue, communication impact and outreach.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Create, update and maintain overall systems for Raiser’s Edge, including but not limited to effective set up and maintenance of database codes, accuracy of donor and prospect information, ensuring accurate soft credit and pledge input;
- Manage the integration and ongoing imports and exports of data between Raiser’s Edge and the school’s database;
- Manage all requests for information from Raiser’s Edge
- Develop queries, exports and reports from Raiser’s Edge as required for reconciliation, analysis, strategic planning, donor, recognition programs and measurement and reporting;
- Participate in developing, documenting and communicating database policies, standard procedures and best practices;
- Develop and lead periodic training for the ACE team on current and new applications of Raiser’s Edge;
- Manage and coordinate monthly reconciliation and annual audit requests with the Finance department;
- Develop and generate customized financial monthly reports and generate canned reports (Crystal Reports);
- Create Dashboards and generate data lists for mailing, publications and events;
- Ensure all fundraisers have efficient tracking systems to support their cultivation and solicitations;
- Ensure donor prospects, profiles, gift proposals and other key donor information are coded appropriately;
- Identify trends, insights and provide meaningful recommendations to improve initiatives;
- Process online and offline gifts from donors and generate gift acknowledgement letters, tax receipts and pledge reminders while ensuring compliance with CRA regulations;
- Manage user records and assign security;
- Participate in creating online donation and event registration forms and manage web page design and layout.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Related post-Secondary education, or equivalent combination of experience and education;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Raiser’s Edge;
- Three or more years of database experience, ideally in the non-profit sector;
- Experience in an independent school or higher education would be considered an asset;
- Experience with Blackbaud NetCommunity would be considered an asset;
- Experience with upgrading/improving information systems and familiarity with income tax receipting requirements as mandated by the CRA;
- Superior time and project management skills;
- Strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills;
- A demonstrated ability to contribute to strategic thinking and planning while providing recommendations to improve processes and results;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Understanding of Financial Edge would be considered an asset.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating ‘Senior Development Officer’ in the subject line by April 12, 2018. This posting will remain active until the position is filled.
Branksome Hall is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process at Branksome Hall.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about Branksome Hall, please visit http://www.branksome.on.ca