Posted On: 2018-04-06
No closing date
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hospice Palliative Care Ontario is seeking a results driven, enthusiastic, flexible, and adaptable professional. Primarily responsible for coordinating and executing the overall operation of the fundraising activities by building relationships with foundations, corporations, and service clubs; the management and growth of annual donors; and providing resources and awareness. With a desire for achieving goals through partnership growth and executing strategy, your tenacious ability will help you drive results in a revenue focused environment.
The role also coordinates efforts of fundraising volunteer resources.
Key accountabilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Research to identify funding sources, donations, types of activities, etc.;
- Research databases and major corporations for grant opportunities;
- Identify funding source opportunities, including prospecting;
- Coordinate stewardship and cultivation of prospects and donors in consultation with management;
- Implement best practices in peer to peer fundraising, increasing participation and event revenue;
- Coordinate and manage the Fundraising Community of Practice (comprised of hospice fundraisers throughout Ontario) in consultation with the Development Manager;
- Relationship management including inspiring, motivating and stewarding donors through fundraising campaigns;
- Identify and develop strategic key volunteers to optimize participation and fundraising;
- Work in partnership with programs and staff to achieve overall event objectives, including supporting the annual HPCO conference by following the direction of the conference manager;
- Work collaboratively with team members ensuring processes and strategies are in place;
- Work with communication team to develop and maintain promotional materials related to fundraising;
- Document all activity in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
Business Management Accountabilities
- Meet approved annual fundraising goals by supporting the execution of fundraising programs including Third Party events and executing all campaign fundraising initiatives.
- Coordinate event recruitment, maximization and execution that will include corporate health presentations, captain and team kick off events, orientation of captains and volunteers, customer service and event day execution.
- Ensure relationships are managed seamlessly
People Management Accountabilities
- Recruit, develop and manage an appropriate mix of volunteers
- Build, manage and sustain the internal business relationships necessary to support the organization
- Build and maintain positive volunteer partnerships in support of the effective execution of the programs
Business Development Accountabilities
- Identifying and developing operational plans and tactics for growing community presence, fundraising and business relationships,
- Developing plans and tactics for strengthening volunteer structures including meetings etc.
- Support the development and implementation of new initiatives.
- Using the CRM software, develop and maintain ongoing relationships with donors including regular correspondence, updates and tax receipts.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Post-secondary degree in a related field
- Experience in fundraising including planning and event coordination as well as grant research and writing
- Strong interpersonal and effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and target driven
- Excellent presentaton and marketing skills, and he ability to effectively represent the organization
- Proficiency with Salesforce, WordPress and basic design software
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Travel within Ontario is required and candidates must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license (full G) and unrestricted access to a vehicle is a definite asset
Apply here: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/hpco/6031/apply
Hospice Palliative Care Ontario (HPCO) is a provincial association which provides leadership on behalf of its members by informing policy and promoting awareness, education, knowledge transfer and best practices in the pursuit of quality hospice palliative care in Ontario. Our members include nurses, social workers, case managers, palliative care specialists, family physicians, therapists, palliative care educators, hospices, long-term care homes, palliative care programs and hospitals. HPCO envisions a future where every person and family in the province of Ontario can quickly and easily access the finest standard of hospice palliative care when required.