Posted On: 2018-04-10
Closing On: 2018-04-30
Effective: May 2018
Employment Type: Full-Time
Pathways to Education Canada Senior Development Officer, Corporate Philanthropy
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Reporting: Reports to Director, Corporate Philanthropy
Location: Toronto, ON
Would you like to make a difference in the lives of youth and Canadians living in poverty? Do you enjoy building partnerships, making an impact, and working with energetic, high-performing teams? If so, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Pathways to Education Canada is breaking the cycle of poverty through the power of education. A true example of social innovation, the Pathways Program™ provides academic, social, financial, and one-onone supports to youth living in low-income communities. The ground-breaking results of Pathways’ unique program have garnered international attention and awards for doubling high school graduation rates, increasing post-secondary enrolment by up to 300 percent and achieving a 24:1 social return on investment.
Celebrating over 15 years of programming in Canada, the Pathways Program is currently offered in 20 communities across Canada with plans for continued expansion.
Who We’re Looking For?
As the Senior Development Officer, Corporate Development you have a unique talent for matching the needs and interests of corporate partners with Pathways’ priorities and goals. You are motivated by achieving targets and making a positive social impact, and have demonstrated this through success in securing and stewarding corporate partnerships at the six-figure level. As an experienced fundraiser, or partnership-builder, you have developed and executed innovative strategies aimed at securing revenue from corporate partners across the country. You are a skilled communicator and collaborator, adept at leveraging the expertise of your colleagues to develop productive proposals.
How You Will Have an Impact
- Grow the revenue derived from corporate partnerships with a strong focus on acquisition through research, communication, prospect qualification and solicitation of new partners.
- Create and deliver compelling, customized proposals that align the objectives of corporate prospects with Pathways’ strategic funding priorities and opportunities.
- Manage and cultivate a portfolio of corporate partners and prospects, achieve personal and team revenue and activity targets for both acquisition and renewal.
- Collaborate with Pathways’ stewardship and marketing teams in the creation and delivery of recognition and engagement plans that are executed with excellence, and are aligned with partnership agreements and growth objectives.
- Leverage and support Pathways’ executive leaders and Campaign Cabinet senior volunteers with outreach strategies and tactics to open new doors, solicit corporate partners, and support the fundraising goals. Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of all gift, solicitation, and donor information in Raiser’s Edge database.
Your Attributes and Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience in fundraising or a related area (corporate social responsibility, cause marketing/sponsorships, sales);
- Demonstrated success in securing six-figure, multi-year financial gifts from new partners, and in stewarding existing donors to renew gifts and move to higher levels of giving;
- Deep understanding of corporate philanthropy and decision-making processes;
- Proven ability to develop, write and present compelling partnership proposals;
- Superior communication skills, in particular, a well-defined sense of diplomacy and solid negotiation skills;
- Experience working with senior volunteers
- Highly adaptive and thrives in complex, creative and collaborative environments;
- Passionate about Pathways’ mission and values;
- Moderate travel and occasional evening and weekend work required.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter by day, April 30, 2018 to: email@example.com
Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.