Camp Winston provides inspiring recreational opportunities for children with complex neurobiological disorders. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing both the Camp and the Foundation.
Reports to: Chairman
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of Camp Winston according to the strategic direction determined by management and the Board of Directors.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Work with the Board of Directors and Camp Winston staff members to create and implement the strategic vision for the organization
- Identify, assess and inform the Board of Directors of internal issues that affect the organization
- Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Directors on all aspects of the Camp Winston’s activities, whenever requested
- Foster effective team work among the Board of Directors, Officers and staff members
- Represent the organization at community activities to enhance the Camp Winston’s community profile
- Identify, nurture, and steward existing key donor and potential donor relationships
- Build and maintain beneficial relationships with suppliers, government agencies, corporations and other supporters of Camp Winston, along with accrediting agencies/regulators such as the Ontario Camps Authority;
- Oversee/evaluate performance and accountability measures of senior staff members
- Ensure proactive resolution of human resource issues
- Written report to Chairman at end of each quarter as to activities/ outcomes in that quarter and the plans for upcoming quarter (end of January, April, July and October)
2) Financial Planning and Management
- Ensure the organization complies with all legislation covering taxation and withholding payments
- Develop and manage, in collaboration with appropriate staff and Board members, a Fundraising Plan and Major Gift and Planned Giving strategies with a view to creating an endowment to sustain Camp Winston’s operations
- In collaboration with the Board, conduct strategic performance reviews annually of the Fundraising plan and establish additional initiatives to achieve financial goals as required
- Participate in activities designed to retain donors and build their level of financial support
- Provide proactive leadership and participation in Camp Winston fundraising activities
3) Operational Planning and Management
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of Camp Winston, including its related fundraising/stewardship/foundation activities;
- Draft/refine policies and prepare procedures to implement the strategic vision of the Board of Directors
- Provide support and regular reports to the Board
- Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery
- Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices including the development of job descriptions and performance appraisals for all staff members
- Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations
- Coach and mentor staff members to improve performance
4) Program Planning and Management
- Serve as a senior member of the camp directing team to ensure that safe, successful operation of all client services offered by Camp Winston;
- Oversee the maintenance and enhancement of Camp Winston’s infrastructure/ physical facility
- Evaluate the delivery of Camp Winston’s programs and services to maintain or improve quality
- Oversee the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of special projects for Camp Winston
- Coordinate any building and/or renovation projects for Camp Winston in consultation with the Board of Directors
- Develop strategic partnerships and liaise with organizations serving similar populations to benefit from best practices
5) Risk Management
- Identify and evaluate the risks to Camp Winston’s clients, staff, management, volunteers, property, finances, goodwill and image, and implement measures to prevent/manage risks, including maintaining appropriate insurance and other risk-management tools.
This position is a full-time placement. Position to start end of August 2018.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.