Posted On: 2018-04-11
Closing On: 2018-05-05
Employment Type: Full-Time
Envision A Mississauga Where No One Goes Hungry
The Mississauga Food Bank is the central food bank in Mississauga, providing food for over 244,000 meals each month through a network of 50 member agencies. We also advocate for our community, believing that none of our neighbours should go hungry.
We are seeking a proven leader in fundraising and marketing to join our team at the executive level. We have ambitious growth goals to meet serious needs in our community, and we seek the person who will make a major contribution to achieving those goals.
Is this the role for you?
- Do you want to make a clear difference in people’s lives by helping to build A Mississauga Where No One Goes Hungry?
- Are you driven to ensure adequate funds are raised to meet current and future financial needs?
- Do you have proven success and confidence in asking people to contribute their money, time and influence?
- Are you able to lead and nurture a team of talented and dynamic professional fund development and marketing staff who have a lot of momentum and want to succeed?
- Are you a strategist who can envision, plan, and assure effective implementation of multifaceted plans to acquire, develop and retain donors, and grow contributions to TMFB?
- Are you passionate about building a culture of philanthropy?
- Can you direct the TMFB brand and execute effective communications strategies to meet organizational goals?
Key Performance Areas
- Leadership of fundraising and marketing - designs and assures implementation of cost-effective fund development and marketing programs that meet fundraising objectives, and foster a robust culture of philanthropy
- Management of staff to foster healthy success for The Mississauga Food Bank
- Executive team participation - Joins the Executive Director, staff, and Board of Directors to define TMFB’s mission and direction.
As a member of the senior management team, this is a challenging position that helps set the direction and ensures the health of the organization. The individual is expected to be an experienced competent fundraising technician and an organizational development specialist.
The Director of Development & Marketing is expected to:
- Personally meet with donors and raise funds
- Translate broad goals into achievable steps. Set and manage appropriate expectations
- Plan and implement programs, creating clear performance measures and accountabilities
- Handle detailed, complex concepts and problems and make rapid decisions
- Establish strong and appropriate relationships with Executive Director, staff, Board of Directors, volunteers, donors, and the general community
- Plan and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate initiative and work as a team player
Education and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing and implementing a comprehensive development and marketing program and producing results.
- A minimum of 7 years progressive experience in leadership positions
- Proven success and confidence in asking people to contribute time and money
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent education
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) an asset
The position is described in detail here. Please read the position description before applying.
How to apply
Please do NOT contact The Mississauga Food Bank. Please direct all inquiries to KMA Consultants.
Apply by sending a resume and a cover letter that helps us see you as the leader we seek to applyTMFB@kmaconsultants.ca.
The position is permanent, full-time, and available immediately, but the search will remain open until the right candidate is found.
All inquiries and applications will be acknowledged.