Taking care of our environment has never been more important than it is today. The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is looking for a pro-active Manager, Donor Relations and Stewardship to join a team committed to protecting our most important natural areas and the plants and animals they sustain.
NCC is the country’s leading private land conservation organization. As a non-profit, charitable organization we work in partnership with individuals, corporations, governments and other non-profit groups to protect our most important natural treasures. We take a collaborative and science-based approach to our mission. Since 1962 NCC and its partners have helped to conserve 2.8 million acres (more than 1.1 million hectares), from coast to coast to coast. With National headquarters in Toronto and regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
The Manager, Donor Relations and Stewardship provides leadership and expertise in empowering staff and volunteers across NCC to provide the best possible service experience to our donors. The position develops and manages NCC’s emerging donor relations and stewardship program. The Manager is a key contributor to NCC achieving its growing revenue goals over the short- and long-term by ensuring retention of existing and future donors. The role requires in-depth knowledge of industry best practices for donor relations and stewardship, and the ability to work pro-actively and persuasively to introduce and integrate those practices to NCC.
- Provide leadership and expert knowledge relating to donor relations and stewardship best practices:
- Develop strategic plan to establish vision, goals and objectives for this new programmatic area at NCC;
- Develop and implement work plan, including comprehensive suite of required tactics, tools and resources, with timelines for prioritized delivery;
- Establish Key Performance Indicators to measure success of program;
- Promote professional standard of donor relations and stewardship activities across NCC through creation and delivery of a training program and ongoing coaching;
- Manage key donor relations and stewardship programs and projects.
- University degree or comparable combination of education and work experience;
- Minimum of five years of experience in a fundraising environment within the not-for-profit sector, preferably specializing in donor relations and stewardship;
- Solid understanding of best practices in donor relations and stewardship, including acknowledgement, recognition and engagement;
- Experience developing and managing donor relations and stewardship programs;
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written;
- Ability to develop and implement work plans, set priorities, anticipate and address potential problems, and use planning and analytical skills;
- Experience in use of Raiser’s Edge or other CRM software and general proficiency in the use of MS Office software;
- French language an asset.
How to Apply
NCC is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter no later than May 2nd, 2018, indicating “Manager, Donor Relations and Stewardship” in the subject line to the Nature Conservancy of Canada via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in the Nature Conservancy of Canada; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.