Posted On: 2018-04-13
Closing On: 2018-05-12
Location: Vaughan, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts’, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $125 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. As we work toward achieving our exciting mandate, we are seeking to grow our inspired team with a Coordinator, Campaigns.
- Provides proactive administrative support to the Director, President & CEO, and Major Gift Officers including drafting correspondence, preparing reports and presentations, as well as maintaining records in Raisers Edge.
- Coordinates cabinet and committee meetings, prepares draft agendas and action minutes and distribute volunteer assignments.
- Coordinates the activities of the Campaign portfolio and support all fundraising activities including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects/donors.
- Prepares, coordinates, and maintains campaign correspondence, including acknowledgements, reports and reminders.
- Works closely with the Campaign Co-Chairs, President & CEO and Director to manage the campaign timeline and promote timely decision-making activity.
- Coordinates the planning and execution of campaign projects and events including donor and sector cultivation activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience/training required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible fundraising experience with at least two (2) years’ experience working with major giving and planned giving teams.
- Project Management experience an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and summarize large quantities of information, track and manage multiple deadlines, work independently and reliably and be productive and efficient during an intensive period of planning and development.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to move projects forward according to timeline.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written combined with a customer focus approach and ability to handle requests in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Professional demeanor combined with outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate effectively with a diverse group of donors, volunteers and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, take initiative and respect the confidentiality of sensitive information and materials.
- Able to work cooperatively within a team and relate effectively with a diverse group of donors, volunteers and staff.
- Reliable, dependable and a self-starter with an ability to work independently.
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite at an advanced level in addition to familiarity using the internet and email.
- Relevant donor software experience (such as Raisers Edge).
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photo Shop an asset.
- Experience working with a diverse group of volunteers.
- Foundation staff are required to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation– Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Mackenzie Health Foundation is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Interested candidates are invited to apply to this position by clicking on the following link: https://employment-mackenziehealth.icims.com/jobs/1601/coordinator%2c-campaigns/job
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.