Posted On: 2018-04-13
Closing On: 2018-04-30
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada
Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada is the country’s leading national charity dedicated to improving the lives of children and youth in the child welfare system. We raise and grant funds and deliver a wide range of high-impact programs and services to provide access to the opportunities these children need to reach their potential against all odds. Last year, through the support of our generous corporate, foundation and individual donors and in partnership with 72 child and youth-serving agencies, we transformed the lives of over 24,000 children and youth across the country. All children have the right to become healthy, contributing members of society. Our kids need your help to get there. They depend on us. We depend on you. Join us and help Canada’s most vulnerable kids break the cycle and define a vision for themselves of a successful future. Learn more at cafdn.org
The Foundation is a dynamic and growing organization committed to the long term growth and stability of funding for child welfare programs across the country. Our staff members are a highly committed team of professionals who are dedicated to delivering excellence and maximizing the social value of donations and volunteer contributions to child welfare in Canada.
Purpose of the Position
The Coordinator, Community Engagement plays a key role in providing coordination and support to the staff on the Community Engagement team (Community Giving, Community Events, Signature Events). Reporting to the Director, Community Engagement working closely with the Sr. Events Officer and Development Officer, the Coordinator assists in the management and identification of new opportunities for community and signature events, recruitment and coordination of volunteers as well as providing administrative support to the Community Engagement team. This role will play a part in the successful achievement of Community Engagement revenue targets. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in fundraising events including - signature, partner and community as well as volunteer management.
To be successful in this position, the candidate must be results oriented and have the demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize workflow. This is a fast paced, team environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines. The successful incumbent will be an active, relationship-oriented member of the team working collaboratively with all departments and passionate for creating more resources for underserved children and youth.
Event Fundraising & Coordination – 40%
- Working with the Community Engagement team, assist with signature and community event related planning and management, donor stewardship activities, communications
- Assist with developing and implementing plans to increase donations to Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada from event donors and prospects
- Manage sponsorship fulfillment for signature events
- Set up and track RSVPs for qualifying events
- Project manage marketing deliverables across the events portfolio
Volunteer Coordination – 25%
- Create volunteer roles and schedules to ensure event logistics are properly executed for signature fundraising, partnership, community and thought leadership events
- Recruit, coordinate, train and steward signature event, second-party event and community event volunteers
- Lead the on-site/day-of volunteer teams (including staff), recognition and stewardship activities
- Participate in the implementation of cross-team business requirements and donor stewardship practices
- Ensure that volunteer screening, check-in procedures are followed and records of volunteers and their hours are maintained and updated on a regular basis in Raisers Edge
New Business Development – 20%
- Working under the direction of the Community Engagement team, support the active development of new business across the Community Engagement portfolio to drive growth in the areas of cause related marketing, community/partnership events and workplace giving
- Manage prospect lists, identify new opportunities, develop cultivation strategies and conduct introductory calls with prospects
Other – 15%
- Serve as a Foundation liaison with vendors, volunteers, donors, prospective donors and partners, when required
- Assist with maintaining Community Engagement records in Raiser’s Edge (volunteer, prospects, annual donors, monthly donors, event donors and supporters)
- Working closely with the Senior Manager, Finance & Data, complete regular RE data pulls required by the Community Engagement team, ensuring data is captured effectively and ensuring lists are clean.
Competencies and Skills
- Excellent organization, initiative, planning and administrative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Solid skills in Raiser’s Edge or database management (data entry, data maintenance, query and database administration skills)
- Good skills in Outlook, MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint, Constant Contact, email, calendar, and web browsers
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to produce high quality work, under specific timelines, with accuracy
- Comfort liaising and communicating professionally with a variety of constituents such as: office staff and volunteers, committee members, community and event donors
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
Hours of work
- Regular office hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Vacation restrictions during busy periods.
- Local travel occasionally, during business hours.
- Relevant university degree/college diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant event fundraising/sales/administrative experience; working in the charitable sector is an asset
- Post-secondary education in a related field and personal volunteer experience are assets
- Competency in Raisers Edge
Please forward a current resume, with covering letter in one single document, detailing how your qualifications match this opportunity, to email@example.com and include "Coordinator, Community Engagement 2018" in the subject line of your email by April 30, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest in the work of Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada; but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.