Cystic Fibrosis Canada (CF Canada) is a national charitable not-for-profit corporation established in 1960, and is one of the world’s top three charitable organizations committed to finding a cure for cystic fibrosis (CF).
Our vision is a world without cystic fibrosis. We help all people living with cystic fibrosis by raising funds to support world-class research without regard to the researcher’s locale. We support high quality individualized CF care in all areas of Canada and we promote public awareness of CF while advocating for access to drugs for all those who need them. CF Canada has invested more than $244 million in leading research, innovation and care. As a result, Canadians with cystic fibrosis have one of the highest median survival rates in the world. CF Canada dedicates its efforts in four key areas: Healthcare, Research, Advocacy, and the Canadian CF Registry.
For additional information on Cystic Fibrosis Canada and our work to improve the lives of Canadians living with cystic fibrosis, and ultimately to find a cure for this devastating disease, please visit www.cysticfibrosis.ca.
As the Director, Major Gifts you will be responsible leading a team in building and growing CF Canada’s Major Gifts strategy as well as leading the development and execution of strategies designed to achieve the financial goals of the Make CF History Campaign. You will oversee all activities related to securing major gift philanthropic donations for the Ontario region. You will identify, cultivate and solicit donors as it relates to the priorities of CF Canada and will build strong relationships with key constituents and prospective donors.
In addition, you will work closely with the campaign cabinets across the country in solicitation activities by providing support when required. You will be responsible for developing strategies to gain and/or enhance the interest and involvement of volunteers who directly or through other sources are capable of making and/or influencing commitments at the $10,000+ level.
In this senior level position, you will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and work closely with other senior CF Canada team members. This position will be based at our national office at 2323 Yonge Street, just north of the Eglinton subway station.
- Demonstrated success in securing major gifts of $10,000+ from individuals, corporations and foundations;
- Strong ability to build a prospect pipeline through identification and qualification of prospects;
- Experience in leading a team towards achieving organizational goals and priorities;
- In depth experience in volunteer management;
- Experience in working with senior leaders including board of directors, CEOs and cabinet members, in the context of major gift fundraising and campaigns;
- Ability to anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of donors and senior volunteers;
- Equally adept at building and maintaining strong, mutually beneficial partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to motivate others and work as part of a team;
- Service oriented individual who prioritizes the needs of others;
- Proven ability to provide innovative solutions when confronted with unique situations and arriving to successful outcomes;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and
- Competent in Microsoft Office programs and Raiser’s Edge or related databases.
- Lead the Campaign department of CF Canada by providing leadership, guidance and support to a team of two (Manager and Coordinator) to achieve the financial goals of the Make CF History Campaign ;
- Work individually to develop, implement and manage plans for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations in the Ontario region;
- Facilitate volunteer development with the Campaign Leadership Cabinet to support fund development initiatives such as identifying $10,000+ prospects and where appropriate either personally or in tandem with senior staff and volunteers develop a strategic plan for solicitation;
- Support Board members with solicitation activities and advise Board Committees as appropriate;
- Prepare proposals, briefing notes, presentations and progress reports and other documents/materials in support of the cultivation/solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects;
- Nurture relationships with leadership and major donors through regular communication and face-to-face meetings and events;
- Personally manage a portfolio of major gift prospects, personally undertaking cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship on your own or with others where appropriate;
- Provide regular status reports and program summaries to senior fundraising staff on the progress, highlights and issues related to leadership giving;
- Provide behind-the-scenes management of the donor pools for the CEO and Campaign Leadership Committee members (e.g. proposals, strategy, follow-up);
- Implement strategy for Board member involvement in cultivation and stewardship including Board member related events and fundraisers; provide Board members with necessary professional and strategic support;
- Update and maintain accurate call notes and records in Raiser’s Edge;
- Stewardship of deferred gifts from individuals specific to the planned giving program;
- Provide strategic input into the development, establishment and implementation of the Make CF History Campaign fundraising goals;
- Conduct analysis of economic trends of the not for profit sector as it relates to CF Canada and the community-at-large;
- Create and implement donor recognition plans; and
- Perform other duties as required.
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in exploring this opportunity further, either as a full-time, permanent role or as a 1 year contract, are encouraged to contact our HR team (email@example.com) with any questions and/or to submit their resume and cover letter for this position. Please indicate “Director, Major Gifts” in your subject line, and include your salary expectations.
While, we wish to acknowledge all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada is committed to making the recruitment process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.
For additional information on our values (Excellence, Accountability, Caring & Teamwork), Cystic Fibrosis Canada and the courageous fight being waged against this disease, please visit www.cysticfibrosis.ca.