Posted On: 2018-04-16
Closing On: 2018-04-30
Employment Type: Full-Time
Women’s College Hospital Foundation is seeking a dynamic, detail and results oriented Manager, Community and Signature Events to join our high-performing Marketing and Community Engagement Team.
About Women’s College Hospital Foundation
Women’s College Hospital Foundation is a team of highly energetic, inspired and dedicated professionals committed to advancing health for women and health solutions for all. We steadfastly live in our values of respect, caring, integrity and partnership as we live our mission to build life-long relationships with our communities to raise critical funds for our hospital.
We are coming off of three record-setting years in fundraising and have just embarked on a bold new strategic plan, the heart of which is further growth to ensure our hospital is supported as its earns its rightful place on the national stage.
Women’s College Hospital Foundation aspires to be the charity of choice for advancing health for women. If you are values-based, goal-oriented, energetic and fun-loving with a drive for success, then we welcome you to join our team.
Learn more about WCHF, visit: www.wchf.ca / @wchf
About Women’s College Hospital
Women’s College Hospital (WCH) is Canada’s leading independent, academic, ambulatory care hospital with a primary focus on the health of women. Founded in 1883 by Dr. Emily Stowe – a suffragist and the first Canadian woman licensed to practice medicine in Canada – our Hospital has earned its distinguished reputation through hard work, commitment, unparalleled caring and a pioneering spirit of innovation which continues today.
WCH opened the Hospital of the Future – a new, $555 million, state-of-the-art ambulatory facility – in fall 2015. The opening of our new facility amplifies our position as one of the most ground-breaking institutions in the world focused on advancing the health of women and pioneering health system solutions that benefit all people.
WCH is home to one of the only hospital-based research institutes in the world focused on the health of women, and we are fully affiliated with the University of Toronto as one of Canada’s leading teaching hospitals.
Learn more about WCH, visit: www.womenscollegehospital.ca / @WCHospital
The position of Manager, Community & Signature Events is responsible for the logistics, planning and financial management of the Foundation’s Events portfolio including community-based and signature events. They are responsible for event planning, production and implementation, volunteer management and development of new event opportunities. This role reports to Vice President, Chief Community Officer and provides leadership to the roles of Development Officer, Events and Development Assistant, Events.
- Oversee strategies to engage the community in independent (third party) fundraising, working with Development Officer, Events.
- Responsible for the success of the Foundation’s core signature event, Women for Women’s
- Ensure all internal events are implemented in accordance with Hospital policy and procedures in collaboration with the hospital Strategic Communications team.
- Identify communication and marketing needs for events and oversee development of collateral and content.
- Effectively mentor and coach direct reports to foster professional growth and positive team building
- Accountable team player: embrace and consistently enact organizational values of respect, caring, integrity and partnership, supported by being authentic and accountable to yourself and your team.
Key Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Provides strategic direction for the overall events portfolio and executes on multi-year deliverables
- Provides day-to-day oversight of all aspects of events and where applicable acts as main staff contact for event volunteer steering committee members.
- Manages the event planning process, including goal setting, budgeting, timelines and critical path, and ensures successful implementation of plan.
- Designs, recommends & implements event marketing strategies.
- Negotiate Supplier Vendor agreements for internal events and external signature events.
- Manages ongoing relationships with suppliers, volunteers, and physicians
- Through consultation with the CFO, ensures compliance with Revenue Canada and provincial legislation pertaining to events and related activities.
- Provides lead day-of-event support, including evening and weekend events for partnered and signature events
- Leads the event evaluation process and prepares the final event report.
- Oversees the Development Officer and Development Assistant’s work assignments including the input of Event data into Raiser’s Edge
- Develops new special event concepts for evaluation, including marketplace feasibility research, and implements approved concepts.
- Oversees and coaches Development Officer, Events to expand the third party events portfolio by strengthening existing relationships and growing the number of new annual third party events through identification and pursuit of new opportunities.
- Works with committee members and senior staff to recruit leadership volunteers for committee positions.
- Assists with orientation, training and recognition of leadership volunteers.
- Provides support and direction when necessary, to members of steering and subcommittees, including conflict resolution and volunteer performance issues.
- Liaises with volunteer committees, Hospital staff, Foundation, and Hospital Board members where appropriate.
- Participates on internal and external committees as needed.
- Participates in the development of the Events annual plan.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 5-7 years paid development and events experience with a successful track record in developing & executing revenue-generating events.
- Proven track record of leveraging opportunities and leading & motivating volunteers to increase revenue for existing events and drive revenue for new events.
- Exposure to advertising, publication and promotion development plus exposure to corporate/public relations within a fundraising environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of budgeting and accounting principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and apply sound judgment when dealing with donors and volunteers.
- Detail oriented with a strong creative bent.
- Strong management skills with a team player orientation.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently, superior organizational skills and strict attention to detail, ability to work under deadline.
- Strong technological skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and a solid knowledge of database management (Raiser’s Edge).
- Post secondary degree in related field or the equivalent in experience.
- Go-to-it personality with a positive outlook and high energy.
- Flexible schedule to meet the demands of the position.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Design skills (Adobe, Quark) will be an asset.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit resume and cover letter, stating salary expectations by Monday April 30, 2018 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the position title in your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest; we will contact only those applicants selected for further considerations. Please note that submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and therefore early submission is encouraged. WCHF will be pleased to provide an accessible recruitment process to candidates invited to move forward in our process.