Michael Garron Hospital Foundation is a true general hospital providing care from birth to end-of-life, serving 400,000 people living in East Toronto. We deliver first-rate care on a first-name basis - 90 per cent of the health-care people need, at a level of excellence rivalling anywhere else in the city. We also excel in developing tomorrow’s health-care leaders, with the largest community and family medicine teaching program affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Michael Garron Hospital Foundation’s catchment area is unique in Toronto and the most diverse in Canada. As well, more seniors live alone in East Toronto than anywhere else in the city. Poverty and isolation—two of the most critical social determinants of health—affect people in our neighbourhoods disproportionately.
Michael Garron Hospital Foundation has embarked on the Heart of the East Campaign, our $100-million fundraising effort in support of our $500-million redevelopment project. The Heart of the East will completely transform our campus, including construction of the new, eight-storey Ken and Marilyn Thomson Patient Care Centre and the dramatic redevelopment of our existing facility. Join our team to help us equip Michael Garron Hospital to meet the needs of our growing city and our diverse, often under-served community.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as a:
Special Events Assistant (Full-Time)
An integral member of our team, the Events Assistant is responsible for assisting with the planning and execution of the Foundation's signature, third party and community fundraising events. Reporting to the Vice President Annual, Events and Operations, the incumbent will have accountabilities to two Events Officers in support of their programs in addition to having oversight of their own portfolio of one to three smaller community events.
This opportunity is ideal for someone new in their career that is looking to specialize in events and wants exposure to a mature and diverse events program. The ideal candidate is hard-working, reliable and willing to go above and beyond to provide superior donor event experiences.
- Undergraduate degree or college degree with a specialization in fundraising or events management.
- 1-2 years applicable work experience.
- Knowledge of Raiser's Edge and/or Frontstream software programs an asset.
- Is well organized and able to effectively juggle multiple priorities under tight timelines.
- Is highly professional, creative, innovative and resourceful, has a sense of humor, is energetic has a positive attitude and a drive to succeed personally and to support team success.
- Polished, with the ability to interact with donors and volunteers.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office 2001 (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Design Programs.
- Flexibility is necessary as this position will be required to work occasional weekends and evenings.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
If you are ready to join MGH, please email your resume & application form indicating FND1805 in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our Careers page at www.tehn.ca > Careers > Current Opportunities > How to Apply to download the application form.
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart.