Posted On: 2018-04-25
Closing On: 2018-05-25
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description: Stewardship Officer
Reinventing Patient Care. Humber River Hospital stands apart. As North America’s most digital hospital, our state-of-the-art facility is enabling our physicians and staff to deliver healthcare in new and innovative ways and is a model of efficiency for hospitals around the world. Everything we do is designed to enhance not only outcomes but also the experiences of our patients and their families.
Humber River Hospital Foundation raises funds to invest in the programs, technologies and equipment that make our Hospital’s superior patient care a reality. Since the day we opened our new facility we’ve proudly stayed ahead of a changing world, always innovating to continue reinventing patient care well into the future. This spirit of innovation is powered by the Foundation’s donors and volunteers, who share our vision for better healthcare and who recognize that investment is always needed for the next innovation as much as the last one.
Working For Humber River Hospital Foundation
Working for HRHF means you will be part of a high performing, dynamic team of individuals who all possess the ability to think entrepreneurially and work collaboratively to achieve our collective goal of reinventing patient care. Each Foundation team member is invested in the mission, vision and values of the Foundation and Hospital.
As a member of the team, the Stewardship Officer would receive a competitive salary and benefits package, professional development opportunities and an opportunity to join an innovative team with an ambitious future vision.
The Stewardship Officer will be responsible for building our Extended Donor stewardship strategy. Our Extended Donors include event attendees, mid-level donors, tribute donors, monthly donors, grateful patients and more.
This role will be responsible for the development and implementation of an annual calendar of initiatives to ensure our Extended Donors remain progressively engaged in the Humber River Hospital Foundation’s mission to continuously reinvent patient care.
Through stewarding our Extended Donors, our goal is that they will, over time, maximize their commitment to Humber.
Part of the role will be to identify all types of donors that fall into the Extended Donor category, developing different outcome objectives for the various types of donors, implementing plans to further engage all Extended Donors and considering ways to measure the success of our Extended Donor stewardship activities each year.
Reports to: Manager, Donor Relations
Direct Reports: None applicable for this role.
- Identify Extended Donor categories and develop a comprehensive strategy to enhance customized communication and engagement initiatives
- Develop a communications plan on how, what and when to communicate to each donor group and how to measure the effectiveness of each communication
- Create an annual communications calendar for all categories of our Extended Donor group
- Drive and oversee the implementation of the Extended Donor communications plan and timelines to ensure initiatives happen on time and are disseminated to the designated stakeholders
- Strategically leverage existing marketing content (videos, articles, patient stories, hospital photography etc…)
- Curate and mine lists of data pertaining to our Extended Donor groups to ensure accuracy
- Write copy for various purposes, audiences and formats (email blasts, newsletter content, blogs, social media etc.)
- Work collaboratively with various Foundation teams including: Marketing and Communications, Digital Communications, Database Officer and Development Team and Hospital staff and physicians as required
- Manage outside vendor relationships (printing and design for example)
- Evaluate Extended Donor communications plan effectiveness on an ongoing basis and make suggestions for improvement as needed
- Identify opportunities for professional development and industry knowledge sharing
- Participate in applicable networking opportunities to share ideas, gather industry information and support professional development
- Ability to perform industry research and competitive analysis to assess what similar organizations’ stewardship practices are and make suggestions for improvements at Humber
- Strong project management skills and experience taking the lead on projects from beginning to end with a clear visions for measurability, timeliness, organizational and logistical components as well as a proven ability for thought leadership on the best practices when implementing new projects or processes
- Knowledge of general major gift fundraising cycles and processes
- Proven ability to build relationships in a meaningful and lasting way that results in improved outcomes for your team and overall goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record for building and maintaining professional relationships across multiple departments and disciplines (with clients, vendors, donors, customers etc.)
- Incumbent will be a proven creative thinker who pairs their outside the box approach to stakeholder communications with an “ROI” mind set. In other words: an ability to see a challenge, offer creative solutions and make suggestions for how the solution’s success will be measured.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of current and emerging best practices in stewardship and donor engagement, with a demonstrated ability to develop and implement stewardship strategies that strengthen long-term relationships with major donors.
- Proven ability to plan, organize and run small-scale events and receptions
- Strong organizational skills with a proven track record of meeting deadlines and achieving goals
- 3-5 years in related roles within donor stewardship or client management preferred
- Experience working in the not for profit sector within a major gift environment
- Knowledge of/interest in/experience with the healthcare sector
- Knowledge of advantages and disadvantages of various communications platforms including digital media
- Proven organizational and project management experience being the lead on projects from inception through to execution and completion
- Experience working in a customer service setting and a proven ability to build strong relationships
- Experience working with various social media channels and MailChimp
- Event experience
- Communications experience or background knowledge
- Experience writing marketing copy for a variety of audiences and a variety of platforms
Note: Flexibility is necessary as this position will be required to work some weekends and evenings
Job Posting Closes: May 25, 2018
Interested applicants are required to apply online at www.hrh.ca/careers before the closing date. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Humber River Hospital Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.