Posted On: 2018-04-26
Closing On: 2018-05-31
Employment Type: Temporary
The Baycrest Foundation has an opportunity for a MANAGER, DONOR RELATIONS, 1 YEAR MATERNITY CONTRACT
70.00 hours bi-weekly –Non Union
The Baycrest Foundation raises funds to support Baycrest’s vision: to be the global leader in providing innovative and effective solutions to the challenges inherent in the process of aging through the integration of exemplary clinical care, education and scientific discovery. The Baycrest Foundation does this through developing and nurturing relationships with community leaders, donors and prospects in Toronto, Canada and internationally, and by generating awareness and recognition for Baycrest and its work.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage all aspects of stewardship and recognition programs for the Foundation.
- Working with the Chief Development Officer, lead the Foundation effort in developing and implementing a Donor Relations program strategic plan, ensuring that proper recognition and stewardship guidelines are in place and adhered to.
- Oversee the production of all gifts and recognition documentation, ensuring required compliances are communicated, documented and tracked.
- Oversee physical donor recognition at the Centre, leading updates and looking for new and innovative recognition opportunities that meet developed recognition guidelines.
- Collaborate with development staff and volunteers to lead acknowledgment and recognition procedures for gifts of all levels that are consistently integrated across audiences.
- Oversee the production of stewardship reports, endowment reporting and other donor communications as deemed necessary to advance donor engagement and to satisfy donor gift agreements.
- Trigger large meetings and events that advance donor involvement, cultivation and stewardship for major gifts and donors at other levels.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- A strategic thinker and a problem solver, with strong attention to detail.
- Undergraduate Degree in related field of study required.
- Five (5) years related experience in the donor-donor or client-relation sector required.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) is an asset.
- Proficiency with donor databases and prospect tracking systems; experience with Raisers’ Edge is an asset.
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to work with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Creativity, high energy level, and an enthusiasm for meeting and working with a wide range of individuals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility to work with short time lines.
- Good decision-making skills, tactful, good listener, willingness to search out answers, ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions.
- Ability to work independently as well as ability to work in a team environment and in a collegial, collaborative style.
- Strong ability to effectively organize and prioritize workload.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.