Posted On: 2018-04-26
Closing On: 2018-05-24
Effective: June 2018
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you dynamic, entrepreneurial, experienced in inspiring donors and the public to engage with meaningful causes?
Would sharing the story of supportive health care for women and teens facing cancer motivate you to develop great copy, intriguing multi-channel campaigns and strong relationships to support the growth and innovation of our programming in over 100 hospitals and cancer centres across Canada? As our Manager of Communications, you will be on the front line of advocating to ensure women have the tools and the access to help fight cancer with confidence, dignity, and hope.
Overview of Role:
A skilled writer, marketer and multi-tasker, the Communications Manager will oversee the development of all external and internal communications for Look Good Feel Better, ensuring a cohesive voice, consistent with the Look Good Feel Better brand and our constituents. The Manager will build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders including Look Good Feel Better Ambassadors, media, agencies and corporate partners.
The Manager will report directly to the Vice President, Programs & Marketing while also working closely with the President and CEO on specific projects. The Manager is a strong team player, supporting all functions including program, development and signature campaigns and events.
Communications and Public Relations
As part of Marketing team, works to develop overall messaging for key campaigns and activities:
- Writes content for all internal and external communications pieces including marketing collateral, presentations, program materials, newsletters, press releases social media posts and web content
- Manages the overall communications calendar including project management for key campaigns and events
- Meets communication needs in terms of content and voice for stakeholder groups: participants, volunteers, donors and public
- Edits and approves all copy for voice / brand
- Builds library of assets including participant and volunteer testimonials, photos and stories
- Builds strong relationships with external counterparts such as corporate partner communication teams
- Manages vendor relationships such as translation, photographers and video production
- Using existing templates, creates presentations as needed for leadership team
- Manages all media enquiries
- Develops and maintains relationships with media outlets
- Pitches stories for brand / campaigns / projects
- Manages external PR vendors
- Works with PR counterparts from corporate partners
Social Media / Digital
- Develops social media campaigns (stand-alone or aligned with off-line activities) with clear and measurable KPI’s
- Ensures new content is created and posted to all social media channels on a regular basis
- Ensures website is up-to-date and aligned with voice/brand guidelines
- Monitors and analyzes web and social media stats quarterly, and post-campaigns
- Develops and maintains relationships with bloggers and influencers aligned with LGFB
Operations and Administration
- Management and mentorship or staff, volunteers and/or interns
- Contribute to strategic planning and evaluation
- Develop policies and procedures as necessary
- Work on other projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Valid Class G driver’s license and access to a vehicle with an ability to travel within the region and throughout Ontario as required
- Ability to work nights/ weekends and manage physical labour as required for donor activities or events
- Ability to speak/write French considered an asset
Look Good Feel Better
Look Good Feel Better is the only national charitable organization helping women and teens manage the appearance related effects of cancer and its treatment.
Perhaps the most challenging thing about a cancer diagnosis is not the disease itself, but the loss of identity that comes with it. The disease robs a woman of her sense of self, both as a human being and, more specifically, as a woman. For over 25 years, Look Good Feel Better has offered a supportive health care workshop in over 100 hospitals and cancer care centres across Canada. Along with global program partners in 26 countries, LGFB is providing women practical tools and techniques to help restore a sense of self and renew a feeling of womanhood, however these women choose to define it.
For more information about Look Good Feel Better visit www.lgfb.ca
Interested and qualified applicants may apply by submitting your resume and an accompanying cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of ‘Manager, Communications – [insert your first and last name]’.
We thank all applicants for their interest. We will only contact those applicants selected for further consideration. No telephone, walk ins or agency enquiries please. Please note that submissions will be reviewed on an on-going basis, and therefore early submission is encouraged. Deadline to apply is May 24th, 2018.