Posted On: 2018-04-27
Closing On: 2018-05-24
Location: 1710 Dufferin Street, Toronto, ON
Effective: May 28, 2018
Employment Type: Part-Time
COSTI REQUIRES A SENIOR MANAGER, FUNDRAISING AND DEVELOPMENT
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
COSTI is seeking an individual with a commitment to philanthropy for the position of Senior Manager, Fundraising and Development. Required skills include: Demonstrated ability to secure major gifts, proven abilities in networking and acquiring funds for important agency causes, managing complex agendas and entrepreneurial flair. The ability to develop and articulate the COSTI case for support across a diverse group of constituents will be instrumental to the success of the individual in this position.
This is a part time non-Union contract position scheduled to work 21 hours per week
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Manager, Fundraising and Development is responsible for:
- The design, development and implementation of an overall development strategy that includes comprehensive plans for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding gifts; the identification of new prospects and corporate sponsors, as well as sustaining current donor relationships to meet annual fundraising goals;
- Creating and implementing a multi-year plan for major donors with concrete and measurable goals, annual calendar and metrics; and developing and implementing relationship management strategies and timelines;
- Enhancing existing fundraising programs and designing and implementing new programs to expand the work of the organization;
- Planning and executing event follow-up for major donors and bequests;
- Collaborating with the Finance and Communication teams to establish a regular and engaging cycle of compelling and strategic communication for major giving donors and to maintain an efficient stewardship process that ensures all donors receive personalized and timely communication and acknowledgement.
Skills and experience in the above areas, including preparation of solicitation briefing materials and documentation for solicitations, are essential.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five (5) years' experience in fundraising.
- Demonstrated experience in leading the development and execution of leadership gifts and pledges, identifying potential donors, preparing materials for solicitation, securing meetings, preparing follow-up materials and coordinating appropriate stewardship for leadership gifts.
- Proven track record of successful revenue development preferably in planned giving, knowledge of planned giving best practices, direct experience working with donors.
- Experience with personal solicitation, direct mail/telemarketing techniques and related methods for building and sustaining annual support from a broad cross-section of constituencies, including private sector corporations and philanthropic foundations.
- Strong strategic planning and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Experience in organizing, training and motivating volunteers.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications and solid understanding of leading donor software applications
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial experience, results oriented, well organized and able to function independently.
- Membership in the Association of Fundraising Professionals is an asset.
- Access to automotive transportation is a requirement.