REPORTING TO: Director, Community Giving
Who are we?
The William Osler Health System Foundation (Osler Foundation) builds and fosters relationships within the community to raise funds to support the equipment and capital needs of Etobicoke General Hospital, Brampton Civic Hospital, and Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness. At the Osler Foundation, we exceed our fundraising goals with ‘best in class’ and innovative fundraising strategies and tactics. Our team has heart—we work together to get the job done and we have fun while doing it. It's a big job, because we fundraise for a big community that’s growing. The William Osler Health System covers an area with over 1.3 million people, and our community is one of the most culturally-rich, ethnically diverse and fastest-growing areas in Canada.
Reporting to the Director, Community Giving, the Manager, Community Giving, Etobicoke is an exciting and challenging role for a mid-level fundraiser, looking to grow and gain experience in health care fundraising. The Manager, Community Giving, is primarily responsible for driving new business through annual giving programs, third party community events, employee giving as well as tribute and grateful patient programs. This role is also responsible for supporting event execution of Osler’s Signature Events, like our popular Holi Gala, Walk n Roll and Etobicoke Golf Tournament.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (include but not limited to)
- Working with the Director, Community Giving, to contribute to the development and execution of strategies for Osler Foundation’s signature events, sponsorships, new third party events, proposals, tribute and grateful patient programs
- Identifying opportunities for acquiring new sponsors and participants and upgrading existing sponsors for signature events
- Attending events in the community and organized by Osler Foundation as required
- Coordinating and executing the development and implementation of various fundraising projects for the Osler Foundation
- Leading the Employee Giving Campaign by managing the internal committee and executing quarterly events.
- Working collaboratively with the Marketing & Communications team
- Identifying, recruiting, and motivating volunteer event committee members
- Identifying opportunities for acquiring new community events
- Identifying opportunities for working with community event organizers to help enhance their events through Osler Foundation’s community fundraising channels
- Maintaining positive internal and external relationships
- Working well in a team, and helping to facilitate internal coordination of fundraising activities
- Donor and sponsor management, including tracking in Raiser’s Edge
- Commitment to the mission and vision of William Osler Health System (Osler) and the Osler Foundation
- University Degree, College Diploma or a combination of relevant experience
- Three to five years of recent related experience
- Specific experience and proven results in developing new business opportunities in the community
- Volunteer management skills
- Ability to make “cold calls”
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Demonstrated excellence in communications, relationship building and teamwork
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Raiser’s Edge
- Experience in budget management and monitoring
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate the vision and key messages of William Osler Health System and Osler Foundation to the community
- Holds a current drivers license and has access to a vehicle
- Ability to work flexible hours
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email, as a PDF or Word document, addressed to Shelagh Barry and email to: Genevieve.WeekesGraham@williamoslerhs.ca
Subject Line: Manager, Community Giving, Etobicoke
Deadline: Friday, May 25th, 2018 at 5PM.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.