Posted On: 2018-05-07
Closing On: 2018-06-06
Employment Type: Full-Time
Competition # HQO-18-031
Senior Manager, Major Gifts Programs
Corporate Services Division
HEADQUARTERS – OTTAWA
Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services (CFMWS) is committed to enhancing the morale and welfare of the military community, ultimately contributing to the operational readiness and effectiveness of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). We pride ourselves on being part of the Defence Team. For more information on who we are, please visit us at www.cfmws.com.
Support Our Troops is the official charitable cause for the Canadian Armed Forces community. Managed and operated by CFMWS, Support Our Troops raises funds to support programs that care for the ill and injured and contribute to empowering military family resiliency.
CFMWS is looking for an individual who shares our passion and has a proven track record of successfully raising funds for campaigns in a donor-centered approach.
As part of our dynamic communications team, you would display the following shared competencies: client service, organizational knowledge, communication, innovation, teamwork and leadership.
- Plan, manage and implement the national major gifts and planned giving campaign model in cooperation with the Associate, Vice President, Campaign Counsel, Campaign Steering Committee and Campaign Leaders.
- Develop, plan and implement all components to conduct a planned giving program Manage the master prospect list and gift table; serve as an active prospect identifier making creative connections between and among people, events, programs, and their associated circles.
- Attend face-to-face prospect meetings with Campaign Leaders and others as appropriate.
- Manage prospect clearance with internal and external stakeholders.
- Actively manage the progress, deadlines, goals and objectives related to the campaign and responsibilities.
- Maintain accurate donor records and files.
- Act as a spokesperson at public speaking events to include internal and outside events, informational talks, seminars, cultivation and stewardship activities, etc.
- Ensure all fundraising activities are compliant with current legislative and regulatory guidelines governing donor privacy, donor rights, CRA fundraising and charitable receipting regulations.
- Individual must possess knowledge, skills, and the ability to perform successfully the essential functions of the position.
- Must possess knowledge of fundraising principles and practices and maintain a professional, polished demeanor.
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission, vision and values of Support Our Troops.
- Excellent and demonstrated goal-oriented management skills. Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and donor-centered.
- Superior interpersonal skills for interacting with donors to raise funds via in-person meetings.
- Exceptional planning skills in order to effectively plan and implement fundraising cultivation and stewardship contact strategies.
- High attention to detail and accuracy, with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, an ability to work independently with minimal administrative support.
- Strong professional writing, reporting, editing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to donors, staff members, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
- University degree in a related field.
- Minimum five years direct fundraising experience.
- CFRE designation preferred or evidence of working towards CFRE designation.
- Familiarity with Planned Giving techniques and financial planning preferred.
- Experience with Donor Perfect or an equivalent donor software program.
- Experience with Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends. This position will require some travel.
For more detailed information, please visit our Career page at www.cfmws.com,
Eligible candidates should submit a resume clearly outlining their ability to fulfill all position requirements to the Human Resources Office quoting competition number # HQO-18-046.
Email address: Recruiting@cfmws.com.
Applications must be received before 2359 hrs 06 June 2018.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.