Senior Fundraising and Community Engagement Coordinator (Mississauga/Peel)
If you are looking to make a real difference in the lives of more than 300,000 Canadians living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), then we are the organization for you! As a Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) employee, you will join a global leader in the search for an end to T1D. At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives. JDRF is the largest charitable supporter of T1D research working towards treating, preventing and eventually curing T1D.
We’re currently searching for a passionate Senior Fundraising and Community Engagement Coordinator to support JDRF’s fundraising programs in the Peel region.
As an integral part of the JDRF team, you will be responsible for driving fundraising activity for the Walk to Cure Diabetes, the Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes, the Starlight Soiree Gala, as well as engaging those living with type 1 diabetes. As a passionate ambassador for JDRF, you would steward existing accounts and engage new volunteers, families, event participants, and organizations.
Key accountabilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Achieving and exceeding fundraising targets
- Implementing best practices in peer-to-peer and gala fundraising to increase participation and event revenue
- Inspiring, motivating and stewarding a portfolio of fundraisers
- Managing a leadership volunteer committee
- Identifying and developing strategic key account volunteers to optimize event participation
- Balancing prospecting and new account recruitment with key account stewardship and development
- Engaging those living with T1D and their families to promote JDRF programs
- Collaborating with Regional Corporate Engagement and Event Experience teams to achieve overall event objectives
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- University or College degree combined with 2-3 years’ experience in fundraising or sales or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to successfully interact with stakeholders, including but not limited to, volunteers, donors and T1D families
- Customer-service focused, collaborative, and strong interpersonal skills
- A self-starter attitude and the ability to take initiative to independently problem solve
- Flexibility to attend evening and weekend events
- A valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is required
Applications will be reviewed as they are recieved and this position will remain posted until filled.
JDRF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. A request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.