Development Coordinator, Commemorative & Staff Giving
Parental Leave Contract (12 months, with possible extension)
The Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation (TGWHF) raises funds for research, education and the enhancement of patient care at Toronto General Hospital and Toronto Western Hospital as well as their respective research arms, Krembil Research Institute and Toronto General Research Institute.
The Hospitals and the Research Institutes are members of University Health Network, which also includes Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehab and the Michener Institute. University Health Network (UHN) is a major landmark in Canada´s healthcare system and a teaching hospital of the University of Toronto. Building on the strengths of this remarkable Hospital network, the organization brings together the talent and resources that make it an international leader in healthcare.
The Foundation´s vision and mission is to enable global leadership and innovation in health by developing strong relationships with University Health Network stakeholders. Our Values are excellence, integrity, accountability, collaboration and donor centered.
The Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation is currently seeking a Development Coordinator, Commemorative & Staff Giving. This vital role, which sits within the Community Giving team and reports to the Manager, Commemorative & Staff Giving, is a key team member ensuring timely and high-level support and communications with our community of supporters. In all activities this position endeavors to cultivate and steward donors, staff and hospital partners in order to build strong long-term relationships.
Day-to-day administration of the Commemorative Giving Program; including the in memory, in honour/celebration and Honour Your Hero (HYH) products:
- Respond to donor, next-of-kin and funeral home inquiries related to program offerings; coordinates generic or personalized materials as required;
- Work with Gifts Administration team to set up tribute records in database, determine fund allocation and manage inquiries;
- Fulfillment of personalized acknowledgement cards for all Commemorative Giving products;
- Manage inventory of marketing materials and collateral for Commemorative products;
- Coordinate tribute reports for families post event/memorial;
- Review and approve personalized online tribute pages;
- Manage yearly funeral home mailing; positioning TGWHF as a charity of choice for in memorial giving.
Administration related to the I Give @ UHN Campaign’s 50/50 Staff Raffle:
- Ongoing enrollment data entry and respond to inquiries through the Staff Raffle email account;
- Coordinate monthly new ticket mailings and draw day preparations.
- General office duties such as filing relevant material, Raiser’s Edge tracking and photocopying;
- Respond to Gift-In-Kind inquiries and facilitate appraisals for the Community Giving team;
- Front desk coverage for Development Assistant, Community Giving.
- College diploma or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience in charitable/not-for-profit organization; direct Commemorative Giving experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills; with excellent attention to detail
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and sensitivity
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple activities and thrive in a results-oriented environment
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues in all positions throughout the Foundation and hospitals
- Experience in a large, complex not-for-profit healthcare organization is a definite asset
- Computer literacy: Familiarity with Raiser´s Edge or other CRM database required, along with comfort in Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel)
Busy, service- and results-oriented environment. Regular daily hours, with the occasional evening. This position will be located at the Toronto Western Hospital.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover to:
Manager, Commemorative & Staff Giving
Closing Date: June 4th, 2018
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.