Posted On: 2018-05-09
Closing On: 2018-05-25
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
About Toronto Public Library Foundation
The vision of the Toronto Public Library (TPL) is to build a city of life-long readers, learners and creators for a successful Toronto. The Toronto Public Library Foundation (TPLF) is a registered charity that raises funds to support the exemplary collections, ground breaking programs and services, and the innovative community spaces at the world’s busiest public library system, Toronto Public Library. Since its inception in 1997, the Foundation has raised over $75 million thanks to generous donors and corporate partners who have helped fund such popular and beloved programs as the TD Summer Reading Club and the Sun Life Financial Museum & Arts Pass (MAP). Donating to Toronto Public Library is an investment in literacy, education, culture and the vitality of our world-class city.
Role Description – Donor Database Manager
The Donor Database Manager is responsible for helping to ensure that information about our valued donors and prospects is managed in a timely and effective manner and opportunities to further engage them in supporting our work is identified in a proactive manner. Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, the Donor Database Manager will be responsible for advancing the mission of Toronto Public Library Foundation by recording, analyzing and reporting on data to help develop strategies, with a marketing lens and sensibility, to best inform our donor engagement.
Summary of Function:
As a key member of the Marketing and Communications team, the Donor Database Manager will provide data extraction, reporting and receipting quality assurance of the TPLF database. Experience with advanced query/report writing as well as data analytics, quality and governance, this individual will contribute to the achievement of the TPLF’s revenue, brand awareness and activity targets.
- Provides all database administration, including ensuring database (Raiser’s Edge) integrity, enhancements, maintenance and documentation of procedures & protocols
- Provides technical and analytic support for the staff of TPLF
- Creates and maintains reports supporting fundraising efforts & donor stewardship
- Provides accurate and timely data exports and imports supporting all operations in collaboration with internal and external staff and agencies (includes active donor database as well as TPL user list)
- Manages and provide leadership to the Database Assistant
- Generates trend reports and offer insights on data segmentation and fundraising to support direct marketing opportunities (print/digital/telefundraising)
- Brings annual giving and/or direct marketing experience and knowledge of best practices to our operations to maximize capabilities and usage of the database
- Recommends and implements strategies and systems for coding, recording, tracking and measuring all information in database, incorporating efficient processes, procedures, business rules and defaults. Reviews and updates all of the above on a regular basis
- Provides mailing lists and develops pre and post reports for direct marketing and annual fundraising campaigns, special events, donor communications, with recommendations for criteria that will maximize impact
- Liaise with mail house for accurate and timely delivery of donor and acquisition lists
- Works with the TPLF staff to set up annual Campaigns, Appeals and Funds and establish at the outset how programs will be tracked, measured and post-campaign results presented in a timely manner
- Implements system-wide clean-up of data (including global changes and mass adds/edits), ongoing maintenance of the database and adherence to best practices in the field
- Manages all database import and export activity working with internal and external staff and agencies
- Acts as Blackbaud champion representing TPLF in monthly phone meetings with our representative with the aim of identifying new ways to optimize current systems and training as well as investigate and recommend future products.
- Supports integration of our online constituent platforms (Net Community, Canada Helps, Gift Tool, etc.), creating online forms and making other updates as necessary
- Collaborates with and trains the TPLF Revenue team to manage and maintain accurate and confidential donor information in the database
- Tests and implements the use of POS machines, and mobile devices to ensure usability for onsite donations and/or purchases at events
- Develops and maintains documentation for utilizing the latest version of RE (currently RE7, potentially RE NXT) and updates procedures and policies as required.
- Set ups and maintains user accounts in database and maintains the proper procedures and security controls in the database
- Acts as technical liaison for internet-based platforms (IATS, Canadahelps, BBMS) as well as for other e-activities such as e-newsletters which includes subscription, bounce-back and white listing. This also includes the management, acquisition and renewal of Foundation internet domains
- Works with Finance Analyst to reconcile on a monthly basis all revenues in RE to the financial system (currently Great Plains) and to support allocations to the Library.
- Supports the Finance Analyst with the annual audit, as necessary
- Keeps up to date with financial reporting, audit and receipting requirements and ensures appropriate changes/updates are made
- Establishes and maintains quality control processes for all website content, data warehouse, data definitions and data governance
- Works with the Library’s IT team to maintain, troubleshoot and administer computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment
- Minimum of 5 years database management experience in Raiser’s Edge
- Working knowledge of donation management tools (e.g. Net Community, Gifttool, Luminate)
- Experience designing and generating Crystal Reports
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (verbal and written), interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated superior organization, flexibility, and multi-tasking skills within a team environment.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Financial Edge is an asset
Contact: Please submit your letter of interest and current resume as one document to: email@example.com by May 25, 2018. All applications will be reviewed during the posting period.
We are delighted by your interest and will carefully review your submission. We will follow up directly with those candidates selected for further consideration and will make any accommodations required to ensure our recruitment process is accessible. Please let us know if you require an accessibility accommodation when we contact you for follow up.