Job Description & Qualifications
Join a dynamic and expanding development department in one of Canada’s most high-profile and innovative musical ensembles.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and energetic individual to provide strategy and management to Tafelmusik’s growing Patron and Individual Giving programs. Reporting to the Development Director, the ideal candidate will have a proven track-record in related roles and experience in fundraising from leadership and annual giving, stewardship and events.
The successful candidate will be a creative, quick learner and accountable. As comfortable analyzing data as they are inspiring and interacting with donors.
Tafelmusik is an internationally acclaimed, thriving organization with an exciting artistic vision, and a warm, supportive and collaborative team environment. While active on the world-stage, at the core of our work is a series of 50 subscription concerts each season in Toronto. Tafelmusik has a budget size of $5m, of which a significant $1.2 million is development income. Music Director Elisa Citterio has recently joined the organization in fall of 2018 and along with the Management team, is bringing exciting new leadership and vision to the organization.
The position serves as an integral part of a small Development Team. The incumbent is responsible for the oversight, planning and implementation of an Individual Giving strategy with the overarching goal to increase revenue.
- Develop strategies for maximizing income and loyalty from each of our donor groups with a focus on leadership giving and Continuo Circle members
- Create campaigns for special gifts (including endowment), utilizing best practice direct response and on-line methodologies
- Develop ways of linking solicitations to Tafelmusik’s programming, projects and future vision to solicitations
- Incorporate planned giving approaches within individual solicitations
- Develop ways to expand our pool of individual donors, including strategies for growing the number of younger donors
- Create year-round recognition and stewardship strategy, customized for each donor segment
- Conduct in depth donor research and profiles to advance leadership giving and support major/special giving program with the Development Director
- Develop and maintain moves management program
- Managing a personal portfolio of 30+ prospects
- Execute direct response campaigns for special gift programs
- Lead, manage & execute all leadership giving functions, including renewals, solicitations, upgrades and related personalized donor acknowledgement letters and stewardship activities
- Become a spokesperson for Tafelmusik and build meaningful relationships with donors. Proactively engage with donors at events, performances and at the Continuo Lounge at concerts
- Support the Development Director in the coordination of the major gift program
- Work collaboratively with other members of the organization, including but not exclusive to operations, marketing, musicians and board volunteers to support fundraising strategies
- Along with Events, Volunteer and Front of House Manager, strategize, plan and execute Cultivation, Stewardship and Fundraising events in order to develop donor affinity with the orchestra
- Work closely with Associate Director, Corporate & Membership to ensure that fundraising strategies are coordinated and harmonious
- Flexibility to shift focus as required with changing priorities and support team members to achieve objectives
- Track and report on results
- Develop business plans & timelines in order to coordinate multiple priorities
- Be mindful of progress to goals and course correct to ensure revenue achievement
- Track donor interactions with detailed record keeping in donor data base
- Concert and event duty as required, includes evening and weekend work
- Other duties as notified by the Development Director
- Demonstrable track record in fundraising, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in planning, implementing, personal cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Proven success in executing fundraising strategies including: leadership/major gifts, direct response and events
- Deep experience in planning and delivering comprehensive stewardship strategies
- Advanced knowledge of working with donor a database (Tessitura or equivalent)
- Experience in donor research, data mining & analysis
- Skilled at Microsoft Office with particular expertise in Excel
- Team player with superb and genuine people skills
- Experience in setting and meeting fundraising objectives
- Superb writing and presentation skills, and an ability to persuasively convey Tafelmusik’s vision to a diverse array of people
- Experience of working with senior volunteers and/or Board Members
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
- Experience in planned giving
- Knowledge of classical music & the performing arts scene in the GTA
- CFRE is an asset
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This is a full-time position.
- Please note that there is an amount of evening and weekend work.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by sending a resume and covering letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Ania Kordiuk, Development Director
Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra & Chamber Choir
427 Bloor Street, Box 14
Toronto, ON M5S 1X7
Application Deadline: June 4, 2018
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.