Posted On: 2018-05-10
Closing On: 2018-05-23
Employment Type: Full-Time
POSITION: Senior Manager, Corporate Donor Relations (full-time, permanent)
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Donor Relations
REPORTS TO: Director, Corporate Donor Relations
BASIC FUNCTION: To develop goals and plans for a portfolio of high value accounts and to lead a team to implement fundraising strategies and achieve revenue goals
- Maintain & grow mutually beneficial partnerships with a portfolio of high value strategic accounts with the anticipation of raising significant resources for United Way’s Community Impact priorities.
- Collaborate with internal departments to plan and execute multi-year account plans including Major & Individual Gifts, Operations, On-line Giving, Marketing and Communications
- Assist in selection, recruitment and development of senior volunteers and support the orientation and training of volunteers
- Lead and coach a cohesive and effective team of fundraisers and support staff to achieve common goals and financial results
- Assist in coaching team in the development of consultative selling and relationship building skills
- Manage sector and account plans to ensure critical fundraising processes and business objectives for the workplace campaign are successfully executed
- Coordinate fundraising with broader United Way team ensuring integration of work across functions as appropriate
- Monitor weekly fundraising activities and reports tracking: volunteer recruiting, donor and workplace calls and financial results
- Ensure that accurate, up-to-date information is maintained in the constituent relationship management system
- More than 5 years of fundraising experience or sales experience in a non-profit or charitable organization
- University undergraduate degree or equivalent work-related experience in fundraising, sales or a related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong people manager with proven experience managing & coaching a team of direct reports
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and constituent service skills including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively with a diverse set of constituents
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, foster and grow long-standing constituent relationships
- Track record of being highly adaptable to working with changing priorities
- Ability to influence, negotiate and manage contentious issues to resolution
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and gain the respect and support of various constituencies, including other staff, active volunteers, and donors.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex issues creatively and effectively
- Strong computer and software skills
Interested candidates please go to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7f8a1f45-d9cf-4b08-887d-d175cb11db20&jobId=193988&lang=en_CA&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001 and click to apply no later than May 23, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that due to the volume of resumes, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
UWGT offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process. If you are contacted by UWGT regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
About United Way Greater Toronto: United Way Greater Toronto is dedicated to fighting local poverty in all its forms, working with communities in Peel, Toronto, and York Region. Together with our partners, we create opportunities for a better life for everyone across our region. As the largest non-governmental funder of social services in our region, United Way Greater Toronto mobilizes people and resources to support a network of agencies that help people when and where they need it most. Join United Way’s #UprisingofCare and help us build a region where poverty has no power. unitedwaygt.org
Diversity & Inclusion: At United Way Greater Toronto, we’re committed to developing an inclusive workplace with deep roots in the communities we serve. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodation, to apply to join our team. Our commitment to excellence in diversity goes further than promoting equity. By incorporating a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and ideas we create opportunities for innovative solutions — and better results that maximize the impact of our work.